warewullf's Collection

warewullf

So I'm in my local Costcutter the other day (in Lisburn, Northern Ireland) and what do I see on the rack but knock-off G1 cassettes! Now, they are larger than the originals, no weapons and all plastic but still, I never had any of the cassettes so I was pretty happy to find them.

There are five in the collection. Versions of: Rumble, Ravage, Steeljaw, Ramhorn and Sqwalkbox (or Sqwalktalk, it's the bird part.)

I got the only two they had, which were, unfortunately, Ramhorn and Steeljaw ( I really wanted Ravage!)

Also on the rack were little Thunderwing figures! Well, they were hideous colours and a lot smaller. Also, it's just the pretender shell, but it transforms just like the original.

I'm trying to attach some pics.

(I've seen the cassttes on e-bay, but never the Thunderwing. These are the first knock-offs I've seen in years. Anyone else interested in these things?)

post-29-1077045172.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Primal-Convoy

I saw knock-off cassetes in the Uk a few years back, but they were butt-ugly. The ones you showed looked nice! dammit! Japan is a CRAP place to get knock-off as the local government HATES foreign imports, especially anything from Hong-Kong.

So I'm in my local Costcutter the other day (in Lisburn, Northern Ireland) and what do I see on the rack but knock-off G1 cassettes! Now, they are larger than the originals, no weapons and all plastic but still, I never had any of the cassettes so I was pretty happy to find them.

There are five in the collection. Versions of: Rumble, Ravage, Steeljaw, Ramhorn and Sqwalkbox (or Sqwalktalk, it's the bird part.)

I got the only two they had, which were, unfortunately, Ramhorn and Steeljaw ( I really wanted Ravage!)

Also on the rack were little Thunderwing figures! Well, they were hideous colours and a lot smaller. Also, it's just the pretender shell, but it transforms just like the original.

I'm trying to attach some pics.

(I've seen the cassttes on e-bay, but never the Thunderwing. These are the first knock-offs I've seen in years. Anyone else interested in these things?)

WOW! :eek I want those! The Decepticon fakes!

I have Beast Wars fakes (Rattrap, TM Stinkbomb, Terrorsaur and TM Spittor) which have a similar packaging. The quality is crap (not surprising) but the resemblance and colors are the same!

I should not advocate Knock-offs but I cannot afford the real ones! :tfsad

hey guys, look at these knock offs, found them at the dollar store here in canada, 2 bucks each pack, and each pack came with 2, so a buck each.

i'm not sure if i did this right, sorry if the attached image does not work.

Archived