Loving Classics...

squall42080

I picked up all of wave one in the Transformers Classics line the other day.

Bumblebee's tiny and yellow, and really close to a bug. Love the headsculpt too. The Waverider is a nifty gimmick too...

Bumblee's seadoo in a way is an homage to Diaclone Skids. It had a little scooter for the diaclone driver that fit in Skids trunk.

zblackskidsbackend.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RUBBER TIRES! that's what it's missing.

I don't miss the rubber tires. They get old, dry out, crack, then fall off and get lost or are just too damaged to put back on. Plus on some the chrome chipped off the wheels and such. Yeah they look and feel nice but I shudder to think what my Alts will one day look like once the age starts to take it's toll on the rubber tires. :wtf

I'm not against gimmicks, I'd just like to see them develop some that don't get in the way of the individual figures at all.

Take minicons for instance. Make them all so that they transform into a weapon or some other useful thing for the larger figs. Basically they could have just kept the targetmasters concept and just made it better and all would have been good.

Not that I don't like the little buggers as they are, but their function DID get in the way sometimes.

I could probably think of lots of cool little gadgety type things that could be used in TF's that wouldn't negatively impact the figures. The ideas are there...Someone at Hasbro just has to think of them.

I'm the opposite, actually. I'm glad there ARE no gimmicks.

Same here. Just give me Transformers without some sort of gimmick feature.

...I heard there are plans for another set of Classics after Jetfire and Grimlock so all I want to say is I want Springer and Sideswipe.

Springer would be fun, but I want the rest of the dinobots and the Predicons.

Sideswipe is on the list "if the line does well" according to Hasbro, along with Sunstreaker, Jazz, and Cosmos (?!?). I imagine that Sunstreaker and Sideswipe will be repaints of each other, though I would really like to hope that they won't share the same head sculpt.

Archived