Did anyone get the Unicron.com Golden Disk set?

AutobotMaximal

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The set I got in Iacon one, the lid of the package is removeable.

Problem is I can't get those disks back in their floaty positions. =/

Right, but the Unicron.com set comes on a card. I saw the tube version at BotCon as well, but they wanted a lot for it.

Yep. The Iacon One set and the Craptacular set.

You want to explain that a bit more?

Well, the Iacon One set came in a tube, I think, where it looked as if they were floating. The Unicron.com set came on a card and it seems to be sealed so that you have to tear it to get them out. Other than that, I'm not sure what the difference is. I thought I remembered something about the Iacon set having something extra, but I could be mistaken.

I think you're screwed there AM.

But that's what you get for getting the inferior version ;)

Thanks a lot. :punch

There was this at Iacon One:

http://www.iaconone.com/2006/souvenir.php

Then the Lukis Bros. went and made a bunch more in a slightly different color to sell at Botcon.

The Iacon set came in a nice clear tube that resembled how they were kept on the Pred ship (remember Dinobot throwing Waspy into the tube?). Easy to remove and play with and easy to replace. (I don't know why Mic Sounders can't fit them back in, I've done it several times.)

The Botcon set came in a crappy sealed in cardboard card that you have to tear apart to open

There was this at Iacon One:

http://www.iaconone.com/2006/souvenir.php

Then the Lukis Bros. went and made a bunch more in a slightly different color to sell at Botcon.

The Iacon set came in a nice clear tube that resembled how they were kept on the Pred ship (remember Dinobot throwing Waspy into the tube?). Easy to remove and play with and easy to replace. (I don't know why Mic Sounders can't fit them back in, I've done it several times.)

The Botcon set came in a crappy sealed in cardboard card that you have to tear apart to open

Ahh, makes sense then. I may just tear mine open and order another set. :D

Archived