MP-03 Masterpiece Starscream review .....

Blackstarninja

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My SS is perfection. Looks awesome in jet mode with some stickers applied, transformation is brilliant and smooth once you know how do it properly, robot is fantastic despite the limited poseability in the legs. I love it.

off-topic, but:

I can never see Cosmos as anything awesome. That mold design needs more suckage to be G1-accurate.

Looks over at Classics Bumbebee.

G1 accurate indeed. :tflaugh

I cant believe all the gripeing and complaining I'm seeing over MP Starscream. Takara did this wrong and Takara did that wrong along with "Its the wrong colors" and all that crap. Man some of us TF Fans are so spoiled that we dont understand what goes into making these MP figures and how much it costs to make them and the time that is spent on them. Shouldnt we just be thankful that we even have them? I mean look years ago we were stuck with box like TF figs that didnt even come close to what we have now and you know what hardly anyone said a thing. We were glad to have them, but now? Some of us complain almost about everything. In my opinion MP Starscream is one cool looking dude. Ya his colors may not be spot on and all that crap but hey he is part of the MP line and fits in very well, much better then MP Ultra Magnus does anyway. Some of you wanted a MP Decepticon and you got him soon to be followed by Megatron. Speaking of Megs I can ONLY IMAGIN the complaints that will come out of his release and I dont even want to think about it.

The bottom line is, if you dont like it then dont buy it. Plain and simple. Me? I will buy him down the road but first I am gonna get Megatron because my MP Prime is waiting for some competition.

But boy do I feel sorry for MP Megs when he gets released because he will be put under the microscope and be picked apart for every little thing that may be wrong. After reading the negative comments about MP Starscream you can gaurantee this is what will happen. Theres no doubt in my mind about that.

:usa

I cant believe all the gripeing and complaining I'm seeing over MP Starscream. Takara did this wrong and Takara did that wrong along with "Its the wrong colors" and all that crap. Man some of us TF Fans are so spoiled that we dont understand what goes into making these MP figures and how much it costs to make them and the time that is spent on them. Shouldnt we just be thankful that we even have them? I mean look years ago we were stuck with box like TF figs that didnt even come close to what we have now and you know what hardly anyone said a thing. We were glad to have them, but now? Some of us complain almost about everything. In my opinion MP Starscream is one cool looking dude. Ya his colors may not be spot on and all that crap but hey he is part of the MP line and fits in very well, much better then MP Ultra Magnus does anyway. Some of you wanted a MP Decepticon and you got him soon to be followed by Megatron. Speaking of Megs I can ONLY IMAGIN the complaints that will come out of his release and I dont even want to think about it.

The bottom line is, if you dont like it then dont buy it. Plain and simple. Me? I will buy him down the road but first I am gonna get Megatron because my MP Prime is waiting for some competition.

But boy do I feel sorry for MP Megs when he gets released because he will be put under the microscope and be picked apart for every little thing that may be wrong. After reading the negative comments about MP Starscream you can gaurantee this is what will happen. Theres no doubt in my mind about that.

Why not get MP Starscream now? If you wait too long, it will end up costing you more money.

MP Starscream is, in a way, tragic. You see, Takara focused on realism for the jet mode. Now then, I don't want a complete G1 paint-scheme on this Starscream. However, Takara could have just painted this toy a light gray, which is found on many real F-15s, and gotten the best of both worlds, realism and G1-style colors. Takara did not do that.

I doubt that Takara can go wrong with Megatron and any complaints will be few.

I predict that the #1 complaint will be "why did they make him look like a realistic gun" when people can't buy him.

but yes, Magnus is an insult to the line IMO

For all of those that believe that Hasbro will release a MP SS in the original mold in original colors we all saw, keep in mind that that original mold was not actually a mold. I repeat: THERE WAS NO MOLD MADE FROM THAT PIECE. It was a resin prototype, and never made it past the early stages of development. As much as the fandom would love to see that version of the mold released (myself included), it's not gonna happen, folks.

And to be frank (even though my name is Matt), I don't think I will buy a hasbro version of the MP SS mold even if it is show accurate colors, because Hasbro will have to drastically alter the mold to make it fit US toy safety laws.

I predict that the #1 complaint will be "why did they make him look like a realistic gun" when people can't buy him.

but yes, Magnus is an insult to the line IMO

Yeah, everyone will Starscream up a storm when everything they have been asking for is actually given to them.

And yes, Magnus is a Starscream, and just because freakin' Dreamwave tried to retcon/shoehorn the white Prime cab into continuity, we get an endless chain of white Prime/Magnus repaints. Awesome.

For all of those that believe that Hasbro will release a MP SS in the original mold in original colors we all saw, keep in mind that that original mold was not actually a mold. I repeat: THERE WAS NO MOLD MADE FROM THAT PIECE. It was a resin prototype, and never made it past the early stages of development. As much as the fandom would love to see that version of the mold released (myself included), it's not gonna happen, folks.

And to be frank (even though my name is Matt), I don't think I will buy a hasbro version of the MP SS mold even if it is show accurate colors, because Hasbro will have to drastically alter the mold to make it fit US toy safety laws

I fear that as well.

Yeah, everyone will Starscream up a storm when everything they have been asking for is actually given to them.

And yes, Magnus is a Starscream, and just because freakin' Dreamwave tried to retcon/shoehorn the white Prime cab into continuity, we get an endless chain of white Prime/Magnus repaints. Awesome.

This is a artifact of trying to milk a mold for everything its worth, not a cartoon making it a continuum in cannon. Magnus sharing a mold with G1 prime was the start, and no finish is in sight. sit back and enoy your prime repaint...

Pasquale

Archived