MP-03 Masterpiece Starscream review .....

Blackstarninja

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well I'm still trying to look for the artical. I do remember them saying if they went that direction they would go with the original proto so it would be like having two different toys. I think I even quoted this.

Some times this info is hard to find again.

It's like the Cosmos rumor, still hunting for the artical with the pic of the drawing.

Skull,

I'm not saying I do believe you and I'm not saying I don't but I do know how it feels to tell people something and they call you crazy (example: Original 20th Prime at TRU costing $99.99, people came out of the woodwork to say otherwise then TRU goes out and sells the 2nd release for $89.99).

I do like the fact that Hasbro has said that they're considering it, it could be a positive step (but then again I was all superduper excited to hear that a L.A. TF movie was being made until I started learning the horror truth about it but hey thats just me).

I hope you find what you are looking for - as this is the first time I even heard anything about a possible (could be a brain fart) Hasbro release.

well I'm still trying to look for the artical. I do remember them saying if they went that direction they would go with the original proto so it would be like having two different toys. I think I even quoted this.

Some times this info is hard to find again.

It's like the Cosmos rumor, still hunting for the artical with the pic of the drawing.

Here is the article from Botcon:

http://TFormers.com/BotCon-2006-Hasbro-New.../6609/news.html

About 3/4 the way down the Questions & Answers section there is this:

"+ MP Starscream by Hasbro? - If they do it will have original colors."

Then there is this article:

http://TFormers.com/BotCon-2006-Hasbro-Tra.../6589/news.html

Which had this to say on the subject:

"+ MP Starscream was Hasbro's idea they gave to Takara.

+ If Hasbro does the MP Starscream it will have the original decoration. If you bought the Takara Starscream and if Hasbro makes one, you would have two different toys."

By decoration, I would take it that is SS's original colour scheme as opposed to original proto (which really has nothing to do with decoration)

Also as far as Cosmos goes (the Classics concept), here's the article:

http://TFormers.com/BotCon-2006-Hasbro-Tra.../6589/news.html

this is written about 1/4 way down:

"+ There was a Cosmo G1 UFO. Could see him in Classics. The Sketch looks very cool."

with this pic in the gallery:

http://TFormers.com/ig.php?mode=view&a...00&start=20

btw that is a kick-ars Cosmos concept.

Maybe that'll clear up some of the confusion in this thread.

Hasbro is probably not considering MPSS so much as waiting to see how DVD MPOP does. If it sells gang busters, great, lets bring out another mold and catch the wave. If not, then why bother.

Hasbro is probably not considering MPSS so much as waiting to see how DVD MPOP does. If it sells gang busters, great, lets bring out another mold and catch the wave. If not, then why bother.

If that is the case, then we are screwed as far as getting MPSS from Hasbro. I really don't see DVD Prime selling very well at all. Hopefully they will do the anime-colored SS sometime.

If that is the case, then we are screwed as far as getting MPSS from Hasbro. I really don't see DVD Prime selling very well at all. Hopefully they will do the anime-colored SS sometime.

I don't see them linking DVD Prime and MP Starscream in that way, because DVD Prime is a second release.

I don't see them linking DVD Prime and MP Starscream in that way, because DVD Prime is a second release.

Yes. When a NEW item comes out it tends to sell better than something that someone may already have.

I just receive my mp starscream.

It looks good, but some guys really slept on the switch.

It's like the shoulder stripe that somewhat seems rubbed off on several pictures found on the net.

Well, it is because it is rubbed during the transformation. No amount of QC will change that. It is the kind of error I expected from a G1 TF.

The instructions steps 7 and 8 are reversed. Try to transform it as the instruction says and the toy will either break or develop stress marks. The center panel will be hard as hell to get out, but it is the only way to avoid breakage.

Overall the toy has a lot of really thin part that would never survive THE infamous Hasbro drop test. I would not be surprised if they gave the idea to Takara because they could not make use of it. To survive the drop test, it would require some very extensive remolding that go beyond the difference with the first prototype.

Overall, I glad with it. MP Starscream will probably be the next G1 jetfire, since so little will not be damaged in the future.

Let just say that I will probably not be so eager with the next masterpiece Megatron.

as far as the starscream, the comment I remember reading was original mold, not decorations. I remeber comenting on it on a different thread that same day.

Call me crazy or what ever. This is what I remember.

Now was it a diffinate? No! But it was something that was in the works.

Basicly if they did it, it would be the original mold w/ G1 colors.

I remember being excited about the original mold part but not to thrilled about the G1 colors since I never like SS color scheme. I would have rather seen the rgeenish grey colors.

Anyhow when they do it they will if not ok.

Archived