MP-03 Masterpiece Starscream review .....

Blackstarninja

So is he worth buying or not? MP Prime was great, but what of MP Screamer? Is the poseability good enough to allow the arrogant pose from the old movie, the scene during his coranation before he's turned into ashes? I'm wanting to get him, but I would prefer to hear some opinions on him first before making my mind up about him, it's a lot of money for one TF, even if it is a Masterpiece. £50 for Primus and Surpreme Screamer is bad enough.

-~'./

He's damn near Perfect. Highly posable. He can do the poses form the movie. He can do the "Ahh, my foot" Pose as in, he can aim at his own foot.

I'd be lying if I said he was really worth the price. He worth it if you want em but in all seriousness, if he were released by hasbro, he should not be a Penny over $39.99 at the most. He does have a little bit of diecast metal but Cybertron Prime and Megs are bigger than this guy and contain electronic lights and sound. If Megs had posable fingers, he'd be as intricate if not more than MP3. His plastic feels far less dorable than any mainline release.

What ever you do

DO NOT DROP HIM EVER!! He has alot in common with G1 toys as far as his plastic is concerned.

i dont understand what you are asking Smokescreened - there have been no less than 3 indepth reviews along with pictures and commentary, on this board.

:tfhuh

What more do you want?

I was thinking this but still felt the need to type :tflaugh

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has NO ONE posted pics of SS with the missiles on his wings, instead of just lying on that base??

Has NO ONE posted pics of SS with the missiles on his wings, instead of just lying on that base??

Now that you screamed (no pun intended), I bet there will be several Pics later.

At least I posed em with waist twisted. Havent seen that before.

I asked the questions because no matter how many reviews there are, it can take one opinion to help anyone decide on a purchase. I've noticed in all the reviews that nothing is mentioned on just how good is articulation is, how well he can be posed. Most of the pictures show good poses, but not showing the full extent of the articulation.

Also I've noticed there's been nothing mentioned on the face changing gimmick. Also just how good are the fingers? Are they like MP Prime's where they can't be uncurled? I took a while to decide to get MP Prime because I didn't believe the opinions saying that he was perfect, he isn't, he's as close as, but not quite. The imperfections to Screamer sound like I expected them to be, a jet TF always has flaws and to me that sounds good, means I would have to be careful with transforming him, find a good stable place for him and most of all, keep him away from prying fingers. At that cost, having Screamer fall apart when someone accidently drops him would be a case of murdering the person.

More opinions on TF's, in full, can be a good thing. That's how I used to do my reviews, I would examine the toy carefully in every way and I would state the full, honest truth and not let my fondness for the toy being reviewed get the better of me. Even my favourite BT Smokescreen got it's flaws mentioned when I reviewed him back in 2003.

So let's hear everything, the good and the bad, and see the full extent of the articulation. There's no such thing as perfect after all, only close to.

-`~./

posability: lots and lots (can even twist at waist if you mod it a bit, and shoot his own foot)

Stability (w/out base): not so much but its possible.

Fingers: index finger moves like MP1 and rest of fingers have two joints but are all one piece. (somewhere inbetween an ALT and MP1)

Face Gimmick: lift helmet and swivle face around.

Thats just a quick recap - but all these points have been mentioned.

*i cant freaking wait*

Hmm, okay, thanks. Can his arms be posed in an arrogant kind of pose from the old movie? The 'I'm a smarmy back stabbing git who's finally your leader! Bow before me!' pose which suits him perfectly. If I can get him at some point either this year or next year, I'll go for him. But only after reading a few more reviews and seeing a few more pictures and opinions. MP Prime was worth all the reading and pictures I looked though, hope Screamer will be the same.

-`'.:

I've yet to see any comparison shots of his jet mode with MP Prime and the Alts for scale. Is it about the same length as Prime's cab, or closer to the size of a large car like Alt Prime or Grimlock?

can his missles attach to his arms like the nullrays attach to the wings?

Yes. Yes they can. Later, I'll see if Main line weapons can too.

Ask and the bored man who is sitting around playing poker and reading the boards b/c he doesn't have to work on Columbus Day shall provide.

These good enough?

picture000130mt2.th.jpg

picture00026ht5.th.jpg

picture00034cz5.th.jpg

picture00042pm4.th.jpg

Archived