MP-03 Masterpiece Starscream review .....

Blackstarninja

Well, I certainly didn't mean to imply that there's anything wrong with it being a toy. Obviously I collect toys. I just don't like it when people try to act as if something ceases to be a toy after it surpasses a certain price point. I've heard the same argument from people attempting to justify their planned purchase of a $600 toy called the PS3.

Also, regardless of what demographic its marketed toward, there's no excuse for fragility or flimsiness, especially in something that's meant to be transformed (ie "played with"). I've had experiences with Macross fighters that simply fell apart if you looked at them funny, and that's inexcusable.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I certainly didn't mean to imply that there's anything wrong with it being a toy. Obviously I collect toys. I just don't like it when people try to act as if something ceases to be a toy after it surpasses a certain price point. I've heard the same argument from people attempting to justify their planned purchase of a $600 toy called the PS3.

Also, regardless of what demographic its marketed toward, there's no excuse for fragility or flimsiness, especially in something that's meant to be transformed (ie "played with"). I've had experiences with Macross fighters that simply fell apart if you looked at them funny, and that's inexcusable.

Also being flimsy and costing so much to buy, is the most worst thing about something like that.

I'm terrified of this thing! it took me 1 hour 45 to transform it and on several occasions I thought something was going to snap. I'll wait for a english translation before he becomes a jet again.

…but, he is awesome!

Also being flimsy and costing so much to buy, is the most worst thing about something like that.

I just want my toys/action figures/collectibles to be a little hardier and able to w/stand normal wear-and-tear, and before Pete chimes in, I define normal wear-and-tear for a TF to be the ability to transform him w/ worrying too much about breaking something. He doesn't need to be indestructible, but sturdy enough to not snap in half if something isn't lined up absolutely perfectly. Basically, for the price that I paid, I would have liked for SS to be a great action figure/TF instead of being a really cool model.

(I had a feeling this guy would spark controversy even after his release)

I collect toys and I play with my toys when I have the time. So I consider toys to be something that I can play with. Starscream really looks like he cannot handle going toe to toe with any other toy... so IMO he's a pretty Blot toy. Impressive model/display piece, sure... but craphouse action figure.

Wait, they didn't bother to finish painting Dr. Arkevil? They took this whole, "model kit" thing a bit too far. Even the Robotech Masterpiece collection has pilot figures that are fully painted.

It would ironic if a Hasbro MP Starscream ended up being the better version due to sometimes questionable safety standards.

BTW:

I'm pretty sure I had another post in this thread, one with all kinds of examples of Japanese F-15 fighter jets that are in the same gray as Americans use. What happened to it?

Wait, they didn't bother to finish painting Dr. Arkevil? They took this whole, "model kit" thing a bit too far. Even the Robotech Masterpiece collection has pilot figures that are fully painted.

It would ironic if a Hasbro MP Starscream ended up being the better version due to sometimes questionable safety standards.

BTW:

I'm pretty sure I had another post in this thread, one with all kinds of examples of Japanese F-15 fighter jets that are in the same gray as Americans use. What happened to it?

:wtf err .... its still on the first page where you posted it ......

Hi. I took this pic to demonstrate that Screamer has waist articulation

P4010269.jpg

And this one

P4010268.jpg

Problem is, you may have to raise his body so you wont damage anything. Then lower it. *with force*seen below

P4010267.jpg

I did this one to show that the Doctor is always sitting in an upright position even in Bot mode

P4010270.jpg

this one is just for fun

P4010261.jpg

So is he worth buying or not? MP Prime was great, but what of MP Screamer? Is the poseability good enough to allow the arrogant pose from the old movie, the scene during his coranation before he's turned into ashes? I'm wanting to get him, but I would prefer to hear some opinions on him first before making my mind up about him, it's a lot of money for one TF, even if it is a Masterpiece. £50 for Primus and Surpreme Screamer is bad enough.

-~'./

Archived