Classics Prime, Magnus and Skywarp...

amethysted

I'm buying all of the major toys in the Classics line, no Mini-cons and junk for me.

Me too. :thumb

.....well.....

I'll grab the Mini-Cons if I get bored! :redface

There wasn't no minicons in my Geewun continuity and there ain't never gonna be none! If I want a really small toy I'll get a classics Micromaster!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of you guys are probably just burnt out after buying so many Armada, Energon and Cybertron toys.

That's it EXACTLY. For me, anyway. After RiD I was all pumped about collecting TF's again, then Armada came along and I bought a bunch of Blotty toys, then Energon came along and I got a few more... then I started to realize that 90% of them sucked, and I sold most of them. I only got 4 or 5 out of Cybertron, and I could see myself liquidating my A/E/C figures en masse one of these days, since most are currently in the box.

If the last few product lines have done anything it's force me to become a more picky collector. Right now I'm mostly interested in Alts, Titanium's, and scooping up the few remaining RM's and WST's I missed out on. These Classic figures don't seem like a huge improvement over what came out of Cybertron, so I feel very little motivation to collect them.

Sorry but I do not see how people can pass up on these. I mean classic figures in new forms, what is to pass up?

I really like these designs but I keep comparing Starscream to his Robot Masters counterpart. That one was plain awesome. Classics Starscreams missile launchers are a bit too big.

Well, if you want an explanation.

First point. Ever since RiD and Armada fans have been complaining about the rehashing of G1: new series basically restart the franchise by retelling the original stories. We've been asking for continuity. Now we get classics: which is even more of restart without any re-imagening, just simply the original characters like they would be made today.

Also, it isn't just the series, but the toys as well. You want a Starscream that reminds you of G1? Take your pick. Not counting the G1 reissue, we've had a Blotload of Starscreams. Armada was a bit of, but Energon and the Robotmaster line (along to some extent Cybertron) have given us a excellent re-imagened SS figures. (Actually, the jet colorscheme for Cl Starscream is quite different from his G1).

And it isn't just Starscream. Rodimus? Had him in Armada (PL Hotshot), Energon (albeit more a R Prime), and recently in Cybertron with both Hot Shot/Excillion as well as Swerve. And let's not even start about Prime. Ever single Prime we get is a re-imagening of the original.

These kind of classic figures are utterly uninteresting because we've had them, one way or the other, in almost every line since BM. There's no development, beyond the technical one. Of course, this doesn't hold up for the other characters (although it could be argued that yellow A Hotshot=Bumblebee), but even with these they're copies of the original. Same old thing rehashed.

I want something new. Preferably new characters and new designs. New designs we'll at least be getting with the movies.

Of course, this could also be used to argue against alts and the MP's, but a) they're in a different class and b) even with these I never care too much for straight up re-imagening (e.g. I'm not too fond of Tracks because he's too much like G1)

Why do we seem to be getting a formula?

There is a saying in Holywood: "If at first u do suceed, do it over again".

The reason we keep getting stories retold is because fandom was outraged when prime was off'd from the series and the toys in the 80's and a nation of 8 yr olds cried. They brought him back and everyone was happy-screw the continuity-

The execs are just making safe desicions. How can you mess with perfection. I don't think some people could even relate or be interested in a line or show without some incarnation of megs and prime. so that's what were going to keep getting.

(back to mags and skywarp)

Me, I want the skywarp and magnus box because galaxy prime and galvatron are the two best incarnations from the last 4 series. My shelf wants smaller bots this time around, so these will be welcome additions if I can find them.

even tho I got Rid magnus just to form omega prime. I passed on Armada almost completely except for Unicron(obviously) ss, sideways and those damn minicons to fill out unicron's ring. I passed on energon prime but got megs and a smaller superlink prime to combine w rodimus and omega supreme. Cybertron has been the best line since 2000 hand's down. I was so excited about that line that I imported way more then I should have. Classics has my wallet scared too tho.

It's a wonderful time to be into this hobby.

any figure you want there are many to choose from to accomodate any taste.

sorry to babble on like that.

Archived