Classics Prime, Magnus and Skywarp...

amethysted

Well, after reviewing my shelf space I've decided to NOT buy Classics Optimus Prime...

Yes, he is awesome! And a great looking Prime... But I am Soooooo happy with my Galaxy Convoy.

I've had him for a while, now and he really is THE Prime of my TF shelf.

I cant replace him with Classics Prime...

And theres NO WAY I'm going to have 2 Optimus Primes on my shelf... Aaahh! Time crash!

So I've come to a (reluctant) conclusion. Buy the Ultra Magnus 2 pack!

I want to support the NEW molds. It really is nice.

And I could use an Ultra Magnus on my shelf... Next to Galaxy Convoy...

Now what about Skywarp? I think to save money I will NOT buy Classics Starscream.

I am Sooo happy with my Galaxy Force Starscream... See a pattern forming???

So, I will buy the repaints of these figures instead of the originals... For once.

Sounds wierd (I cant believe Im actually NOT buying Prime) but logical...

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Any of you thinking anything similar???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan to skip the whole lot of them, along with the vs. pack, Megatron, and Starscream. Despite the premise, I find myself less and less enamored with the Classics the more I see of them. The only one I'm REALLY excited for is Skyfire. Bumblebee and Hot Rod I'll probably pick up, and maybe Grimlock, but that's about it for now. The cone-head mold looks interesting, and I could go for a Astrotrain-colored Astrotrain, but both of those things are pretty up in the air at the moment.

Well, after reviewing my shelf space I've decided to NOT buy Classics Optimus Prime...

Yes, he is awesome! And a great looking Prime... But I am Soooooo happy with my Galaxy Convoy.

I've had him for a while, now and he really is THE Prime of my TF shelf.

I cant replace him with Classics Prime...

And theres NO WAY I'm going to have 2 Optimus Primes on my shelf... Aaahh! Time crash!

So I've come to a (reluctant) conclusion. Buy the Ultra Magnus 2 pack!

I want to support the NEW molds. It really is nice.

And I could use an Ultra Magnus on my shelf... Next to Galaxy Convoy...

Now what about Skywarp? I think to save money I will NOT buy Classics Starscream.

I am Sooo happy with my Galaxy Force Starscream... See a pattern forming???

So, I will buy the repaints of these figures instead of the originals... For once.

Sounds wierd (I cant believe Im actually NOT buying Prime) but logical...

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Any of you thinking anything similar???

Good for you for not buying another Optimus Prime, but buy both Skywarp and Starscream - they're both distinctive characters.

I'm buying all of the major toys in the Classics line, no Mini-cons and junk for me.

Me too. :thumb

.....well.....

I'll grab the Mini-Cons if I get bored! :redface

For a good long while, my default Prime has been RID Prime...actually Fire Convoy, since I imported him during Beast Machines when I was being a whiny fanboy...but anyway...because of that, not buying a Prime doesn't seem weird to me at all.

I did buy Armada and Energon Prime...but wasn't willing to let the A/E/C trilogy strike me a third time, so I passed up all of the Cybertron leader figs, despite the rave reviews.

I'll be happy to pick up Classics Prime and finally retire ol' Firebritches.

Course I'll pick Magnus up to get Skywarp...but I'll probably still use God Magnus as my Autobot City Commander. :redface

For a good long while, my default Prime has been RID Prime...actually Fire Convoy, since I imported him during Beast Machines when I was being a whiny fanboy...but anyway...because of that, not buying a Prime doesn't seem weird to me at all.

I did buy Armada and Energon Prime...but wasn't willing to let the A/E/C trilogy strike me a third time, so I passed up all of the Cybertron leader figs, despite the rave reviews.

I'll be happy to pick up Classics Prime and finally retire ol' Firebritches.

Course I'll pick Magnus up to get Skywarp...but I'll probably still use God Magnus as my Autobot City Commander. :redface

Wait...you got Armada and Energon Optimus Prime and NOT Cybertron Optimus Prime?

I plan to skip the whole lot of them, along with the vs. pack, Megatron, and Starscream. Despite the premise, I find myself less and less enamored with the Classics the more I see of them. The only one I'm REALLY excited for is Skyfire. Bumblebee and Hot Rod I'll probably pick up, and maybe Grimlock, but that's about it for now. The cone-head mold looks interesting, and I could go for a Astrotrain-colored Astrotrain, but both of those things are pretty up in the air at the moment.

I agree, I'm just not jazzed for these figures. The classics are cool, and I can see why even adult collectors are into then, with Alts, BT/Kiss, MP and THS, I just don't have any interest. This is how I feel about the Starwars TFs too, cool on a level and defiantely targeted at collectors as much as kids, but they just don't compare to the other lines.

If I only bought US tf's I might feel differently, I don't know. I will say that Grimlock is my favorite classic and i could almost see buying him. He is in may ways as good as the original if not better (although standing on your own mouth is a little wierd...).

Archived