I think the movie toys are going to be cool

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Blackout is by far my favorite...one of the best Heliformers ever

He is neato and stuff - but he still has lots of back kibble that could have gone somewhere or done something...

i get the impression there is some sound/springy gimmick back there.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I really love is that Starscream,

aka Missile Fists (even though they may retract or be removable somehow).

Those legs are especially nice, plus how the parts get spread out in bot mode.

Any speculation on the size, being as how he can be made into any size class,

after his appearence in Cybertron.

Its a world transformed.. where the good fans are silenced... where jerks will complain... but still buy all the toys that meets the eye!

seriously though: I'm happy with the designs for the movie. I love the idea of alien, menacing, monstrous decepticons. The new look of the Autobots.

The toy protos look GREAT. Hell I'll probably end up buying the role playing stuff too...

remember: vote yes on flames on a prime!

Its a world transformed.. where the good fans are silenced... where jerks will complain... but still buy all the toys that meets the eye!

seriously though: I'm happy with the designs for the movie. I love the idea of alien, menacing, monstrous decepticons. The new look of the Autobots.

The toy protos look GREAT. Hell I'll probably end up buying the role playing stuff too...

remember: vote yes on flames on a prime!

:tflaugh

I think it'd be great if the movie had been called Transformers: Flames on a Prime

I mean hey, it's inevitable that moviemakers will be dumb enough to place utmost importance on the title now thanks to Snakes...

Of course, I enjoyed Snakes, so I'm not complaining

My only gripe is Megatron...I hope he resembles something more like one of the past Megatrons, or at least gets a tank alt mode

While I'm at it, anyone else desperately holding out hope for a Bludgeon figure? :tfevil

I might the minority here, but here is my view...

Suppose that someone do make these things, put it on the market, but not label them transformers. Would anyone say that, "arent these suppose to be transformers?"

Think about it, the answer is no. Hence I still dislike these designs Mr. Bay has come up with. don't get me wrong, they're cool-looking nonetheless, but do these look anything like transformers?

I don't think so. Time will tell if the movie line goes well.

its going to be real interesting to see how they pull off the transformations and how accurate the toys are to the movie, ie: bumblebee, ratchet, prime... they seem to have alot going on. n i wonder how large these toys are going to be with such complex transformations...

Count me in.

I am really really looking forward to the toys based on this movie. They are of course unlike anything we've ever seen, had before so I honestly can't see how people can't be excited.

With Cybertron done I'm only goingto be looking into collecting the Classics and after that bring on the movie figs. :clap

C-310: That's exactly what a lot of people said about Beast Wars when it first came out, and those nay-sayers are now nowhere to be found. People also said the same thing about Transformers Animorphs too and... well okay, they were right about Transformers Animorphs, but they were wrong about Beast Wars! So let's wait and see how things turn out after the movie is in cinemas and toys are on shelves... then we can all form more informed opinions.

Okay, NEVER compare the movie to BW. Remember, above all else this is a Michael Bay movie. The trailer made that abundantly clear. As such, I can flat-out guarantee that the writing quality will be nowhere NEAR what it was in BW.

I'm not saying the movie will suck, but we're not going to have another BW on our hands. And considering the people helming this project (one being a plagiarist), people have a legitimate right to worry. I love the look of the toys, but I'm only catiously optimistic about the quality of the film, considering there's no reason to think it will be good given Mr. Bay's track record. If that makes me a nay-sayer, so be it.

Getting back to the toys, rubber tires or not, I want to see a RID level of complexity and realism in these suckers. I still consider the Autobot Bros. to be the greatest main-line (read: non-Alt/MP) Transformers ever made, and if the movie Autobots don't come close to matching them I'm going to be very disappointed.

Archived