some discrepancies in bw

shajaki

The Cybertronians(essentially the "race" of transformers), are not necessarily good and evil. They both believe they are in the right, but have different methods of attaining their goals.

imo, theyve gone beyond political agendas. after centuries of war i think theyve lost their way. what probly started out as peace on cyberton evolved to peace throughout the universe. and what started as conquest of cybertron became conquest of the universe.

and i dont beleive in "peace through tyranny." if megatron had actually accomplished his goals and defeated his enemies so that he could live without persecution of his beleifs, he would not be content. he would be bored. so he wouldnt stop at cybertron. he would seek out other worlds to terrorize, and true peace would never be accomplished.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cybertronians(essentially the "race" of transformers), are not necessarily good and evil. They both believe they are in the right, but have different methods of attaining their goals.

imo, theyve gone beyond political agendas. after centuries of war i think theyve lost their way. what probly started out as peace on cyberton evolved to peace throughout the universe. and what started as conquest of cybertron became conquest of the universe.

and i dont beleive in "peace through tyranny." if megatron had actually accomplished his goals and defeated his enemies so that he could live without persecution of his beleifs, he would not be content. he would be bored. so he wouldnt stop at cybertron. he would seek out other worlds to terrorize, and true peace would never be accomplished.

"peace through tyranny" is just another way of saying "I want to control everything". Conquest is a means to an end, that end being greater power, resources, and control. Clearly that's always been Megatron's goal.

"peace through tyranny" is just another way of saying "I want to control everything". Conquest is a means to an end, that end being greater power, resources, and control. Clearly that's always been Megatron's goal.

well maybe g1 megatron, the years i think took its toll on his sanity. but bm megatron kind gave me the feeling he beleived in that motto. when he had his chats with primal, trying to sway him to his ideals, or to at least make him understand his pov. but even then, if he had conquered cybertron what would he do? sit on his throne and be bored? i doubt it.

Optimus3000: As you said, it depends on which canonical source you're looking at. The Transformers comics and Beast Wars canons have always generally portrayed the Transformers as being politically factionalised, whereas the G1 cartoon portrays them as being inherently good vs evil (or peace-loving vs aggressive) as per the Quintessonian origin regarding the creation of the Autobot and Decepticon races.

In the Marvel Comics, Grimlock once postulated that Primus had inadvertantly created two species instead of one - it is a hypothesis which Bludgeon seems to be in agreement with, but the canonical evidence in the actual series shows that the Transformers aren't inherently predispositioned towards one faction or the other at all (i.e.: Grimlock's claim was largely unfounded).

shajaki: regarding Obsidian and Stryka, BM portrayed them as generals who were fiercely loyal to the Cybertronian cause. Since Megatron had become supreme ruler of Cybertron, their loyalty went to him by default. They're kinda like the Clone Troopers in Star Wars - initially soldiers of the Republic and allies of the Jedi until Order 66 legally redefined their allegiance to the Empire and turned them against the Jedi. They perceived Megatron as the legitimate ruler at the time and thus were loyal to him and his cause by default. They weren't great thinkers in terms of ever questioning his rationale or ethics... which is probably why Megatron had intentionally chosen them to be his Vehicon Generals after the failure of Tankor and Jetstorm.

Archived