Toy secrets + more!

ErikB

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There have been some pretty heroic truckers in TF such as José and Bomber Bill - although Bill has been traditionally more widely disliked amongst fans. ;p

Go José!!

:wtf i have no idea who you're on about but ginrai was a cool trucker

Don't remember seeing these, or if I did then I don't remember, but...

--In Japan, Airrazor was actually released as a male instead of a female character. The rumor as to how they explained him/her and Tigatron holding hands in the episode "Other Visits" is that they had a strong brotherly bond, and them holding hands was a show of the strength of the bond.

--Transmetals Scavenger was originally going to be Inferno, but for some reason this was changed at the last minute. The running change was made in the factory, but a few of the Scavengers actually made it out of the factory with the name "Inferno" stamped on the thorax in beast mode, creating a rare variant. Most of the first generation Scavengers have the name "Scavenger" stamped on the right leg in robot mode. Later waves corrected this and moved the name to the thorax of the beast mode.

--At the end of "Code of Hero," Rattrap is actually in his old beast mode during Dinobot's funeral pyre! You can tell it's not just a miscoloring because you can see the actual halves of the "organic" rat form on either side of his back, exactly like his pre-Transmetals transformation scheme.

--In Europe, Spittor (the poison dart frog) was released as a Maximal, and Cheetor was renamed "Ghepard."

--Polar Claw was originally going to be painted brown and called "Grizzly-One." A picture of him in his original colors is printed on the back of the mini-comic included in the Bat Primal/Croc Megatron two-pack.

my scavenger has his name on his leg. does that make him rarer. (the question about jazz's missle launcher still stands

my scavenger has his name on his leg. does that make him rarer. (the question about jazz's missle launcher still stands

I believe it's only rarer if it's got the "Inferno" name on the thorax, because the majority of the figures with the "corrected" name from that wave had the name stamped on the leg instead. You might want to double-check that, though.

And as far as Jazz's missile launcher, I know that the G2 Jazz had a hole drilled in the roof for the missile launcher, but it was also a different type of launcher than the G1 version.

GOnna have to try that. (Seekers)

Haven't seen this posted yet -

Metroplex's Slammer, and that back tower doohickey that can hook into his right shoulder-blade area, have glow in the dark parts.

The building's windows, and parts of Slammer's turrets GITD. Gives Slammer a really creepy face.

Here's one that might be well-known but might not...

In 2004, E-Hobby produced a box set consisting of recolored G1 Minibots, named Bad Boy, Bug Bite, Pathfinder, Road Ranger, Small Foot and Treads. Why is this so significant? The names and alt-modes once belonged to TF competitor Go-Bots!

*awaits further elaboration from someone who knows what's what... probably Goki :P *

Here's one that might be well-known but might not...

In 2004, E-Hobby produced a box set consisting of recolored G1 Minibots, named Bad Boy, Bug Bite, Pathfinder, Road Ranger, Small Foot and Treads. Why is this so significant? The names and alt-modes once belonged to TF competitor Go-Bots!

*awaits further elaboration from someone who knows what's what... probably Goki :P *

ehobby deliberately did this, their bio said that they really were gobots spying on their autobot and decepticon counterparts

Captain Modesty is right - as the tech specs suggests, these are Gobots who have travelled from the Gobot universe to the Transformers Universe and reformatted themselves as Transformers. Colourwise, some of them are based on prototype colours that were ultimately rejected for G1.

Archived