TF Movie Transformation Schemes Analysis

Deathmarch

I've been scanning the TF Movie models and prototypes and I've thing I've deciphered some of the Transformations. Prime's in particular seems to be innovative and extremely well-thought out.

TFMovie-Prime-RobotMode.jpg

MoviePrimeCGIModel.jpg

Here is Prime.

Looking at the model, from my best guess his transformation is similar to this:

Basically Prime spilts in half and one part goes forward and the rest goes back to form the truck mode.

Body:

Prime's upper chest forms the top of the Cab. The Doors split swinging back around from the back and from Prime's chest to form with the Upper & Lower Cab. The truck's Grill is hidden and broken up behind the Front Windows & partial-Nose panels, which come forward and out. This would then form part of the Nose of the truck and the Grill. The Rear Axle/Hitches of the truck mode are actually attached to Prime's back, which suggests that all of that pulls back and combines with the upper legs to form the Rear of the truck form.

Legs:

Notice the Sidesteps, Canisters, Lower/Rear Cab, & the Front Wheel-Wells. They convert into the lower legs, shins, & feet of Prime. The Front Wheel-Wells are at the ankles. The Canisters form the interior of the shins. The rest of the exo-structure of the lower leg is infact the Sides and Rear Cab. His inner calves are the Side of the Cab. While his feet are made up of the Sidesteps. Also, the upper legs appear to be the part of the Rear Wheel-Area/Hitches of the truck form, whci hwould mean Prime's upper legs spilt in half, one going forward and the other going back.

Arms:

The arms actually (upon further inspection of all the Prime leaked images) seems to form the Nose of the truck mode. Which is very straight-forward.

MovieBumblebeeProp.jpg

Bumblebee

From what I can gather with BB.

Body:

BB's Chest is the front of the car, the Hood is right behind the Front Grill/Bumper. All of this comes out forward and the panels of BB's side are apparently the Front Wheel-Wells. These pieces along with the shoulder panels all come out and snap together to form the Front of the Camero mode. BB's engine is within his upper body, which would also have to come forward with the front of the car mode.

Legs:

Bumblebee's legs form, from what I can tell the Side and Rear Quarter Panels of the Camero mode, along with part of the arms. BB's hip-area looks to form the Rear Wheel-Wells, finishing the Quarter Panels.

Arms:

The arms go backwards and form the Rear of the Camero mode. They form the Rear Bumper, the Trunk, and the Rear Quarter Panels.

MovieMegatronCGIModel.jpg

Megatron

Let's see...

Body:

The Wings come out from his back and shoulder panels. The middle of Megs back becomes the Rear Tailfin. Megs head forms the Front Tailfin/Crest/"Cockpit". Megs "buttocks" and crotch areas form the Middle "Prong".

Legs:

The legs fold up and under. They become the Rear Underbelly and Thrusters of the jet mode.

Arms:

The arms bend down and out, becoming the two out "Prongs" of the jet's Front.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where is all the glass/windshields in these designs?!?!

Prime's is on his chest and the door glass is on his back with the doors.

BB's glass I can assume is just not on the prop, but in the full Digi-Character. However, I'm betting the windshield could be on his back, since it looks like the roof of the Camero mode would be form from the back panels and part of the shoulder panels. The glass of the door windows could be in-theory anywhere. I'm not too sure on that one.

Trying to figure out these transformations hurts my head

I'll just wait for the toys

Well I figured looking at them now would be fun to analyze and see what we each would think.

I can't wait to see Barricade and Ironhide's models. To take a big guess on them.

I have a feeling that the toy Bumble bee will be as movie accurate as Beast Machine's Rattrap was Show Accurate.

Archived