Creating a common system of counting TFs Part 3

Goktimus Prime

Counting Gestalts  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How should we count Gestalts?

• Count only the component robots
    • Count only the Gestalt robot
    • Count the component robots plus Gestalt robot

"Count only the component robots" means that you are only counting the members of that gestalt team or group. For example, it means that Devastator counts as six Constructicons and Defensor counts as five Protectobots - they collectively count as eleven Transformers.

"Count only the Gestalt robot" means that only the gestalt robot is counted. For example, Devastator counts as one gestalt Constructicon and Defensor counts as one gestalt Protectobot - they collectively count as two Transformers.

"Count the component robots plus Gestalt robot" means that you add the sum of the number of component robots plus the Gestalt robot. For example, Devastator would count as seven Constructicons and Defensor counts as six Protectobots - they collectively count as thirteen Transformers.

I personally only count the component robots. To me, Devastator = 6 Constructicons. I think counting the actually Gestalt robot on top of that is cheap.

This poll only applies to Special Teams Gestalt Super Warrior robots such as Devastator, Superion, Menasor, Predaking, Computron, Lio Kaiser, Road Caesar, Guard City, Tripredacus, JRX etc etc.

There will be a separate poll for "Combiners" which will cover Micromaster Combiners, Duocons and other multi-in-1 Transformers like Magmatron.

:pfx I voted "Count only the component robots" & I thought this was an easy choice. :thumb

Count each individual/component bot. The combined robot is just a bonus and should not be counted.

I count the components, and the gestalt all as individuals.

Look at the bios. Yes, the bios state that the gestalt is the combined form of whatever group it is. But it also has it's own individual personality.

For example, the Combaticons are all individuals:

Onslaught-calculating and logical and looks at what needs to be done instead of making on the spot decisions

Brawl-has anger management issues

Swindle-essentially a Cybertronian street hustler

Vortex-sadistic interrogater

Blast Off-sees himself above the rest of the team for not being limited to being in the atmosphere or on the ground and can be in space, and so is aloof and snobbish at times

Bruticus-awsome power, but low brain power and can't do anything unless ordered to do so.

So see, each have their own personalities and therefore count inidividually.

I count the components, and the gestalt all as individuals.

Look at the bios. Yes, the bios state that the gestalt is the combined form of whatever group it is. But it also has it's own individual personality.

For example, the Combaticons are all individuals:

Onslaught-calculating and logical and looks at what needs to be done instead of making on the spot decisions

Brawl-has anger management issues

Swindle-essentially a Cybertronian street hustler

Vortex-sadistic interrogater

Blast Off-sees himself above the rest of the team for not being limited to being in the atmosphere or on the ground and can be in space, and so is aloof and snobbish at times

Bruticus-awsome power, but low brain power and can't do anything unless ordered to do so.

So see, each have their own personalities and therefore count inidividually.

:tard

Where in "the bios" does it say that there can be 7 'bots at the same time? Why not count the vehicle modes too then? Bruticus = 11?

The only logical options are 5 or 1 for the Combaticons, 6 is just milking it.

(UNLESS - you buy another full set, that set combined could count as the 6th member and not just an uncounted double?)

:schin

only the robots making the gestalt should count. So menasor/defensor/computron etc.=5 robots

Only the components.

The larger combined bot doesn't actually transform into anything (I wouldn't count "disassembling into 5 smaller bots" a "transformation")...

Oh, a very nice point sir. It has a certain logic to it that I find persuasive. :thumb

Oh well, I guess I'm the only one who considers the compenents and the gestalt all individual. My reasoning is both in the cartoon, comics and toys, they're all portrayed as individuals and not a 5 for one deal where it takes the best of each component and merges it into a single central processor.

Archived