Creating a common system of counting TFs Part 2

Goktimus Prime

Micromasters and Mini-Cons  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How should Micromasters and Mini-Cons be counted?

• Individually
    • As sets

By "individually" it means that each individual Micromaster and Mini-Con counts separately. For example, a complete Micromaster Patrol counts as four Transformers. Hi-Wire, Grindor and Sureshock count as three. Hot Shot and Jolt count as two.

By "sets" it means that you are counting the sets that they are sold in. For example, a complete Micromaster Patrol counts as one Transformer. A complete team/set of Mini-Cons also counts as one Transformer. Hot Shot and Jolt would also count as one, not two.

http://www.toybattle.com/uploads/5a8f3cab3...b5c4c98e82e.jpg

Above: The Autobot Micromaster Rescue patrol - individually counts as four TFs, but as a set counts as one.

I personally have always counted Micromasters and Mini-Cons individually.

NB: there will be a separate poll for counting gestalts (the Star Sabre is an example of gestalt weapon) and bases - for this poll, please focus on whether or not you want to basic robots to be counted individually or not.

Board Guidelines

11. No Stealing of Bandwidth(*) - Stealing of bandwidth from this site, or any other site will not be tolerated. If you wish to us a picture from the internet, upload it to your own webspace.

I think minicons should be grouped together with the same figures it came with. Meaning Metroplex and Drillbit is counted as one. Giant Planet Minicons are counted as one, etc. I would think that a minicon by itself would have no selling power on it's own. Unless it happens to be a Lucky Draw or an exclusive - that's different.

I think minicons should be grouped together with the same figures it came with. Meaning Metroplex and Drillbit is counted as one. Giant Planet Minicons are counted as one, etc. I would think that a minicon by itself would have no selling power on it's own. Unless it happens to be a Lucky Draw or an exclusive - that's different.

I disagree with that.

Reason being is that the Mini-Cons are their own faction that have personalities as per the Armada MTMTE books and even the team members have individual personalities, as displayed with the online bios for the Cyb Recon Mini-Con Team. And the Mini-Con vs packs have bios for both Mini-Cons in the packs.

So each character has their own individual personality and therefore should be counted individually.

I don't know about the Micromasters if any of them had individual personalities though...save for the possible Hot Rodimus that came with Star Convoy which is just Hot Rod scaled down to Micromaster scale.

Some were released individually in the US in them "Tiny Tins" things. Would they count? :roll

The only one I can think of right now that I wouldn't count are the A-Overload/E-Ultra Magnus ones. Well, I'd count the MiniCon, but not the main body. Same as Nebulans: I count all except HM's. :thumb

I vote individually.

Vector Prime and Roots/Safeguard are clearly 2 differently characters (although with some sort of personal inter-dependency), so Microns/Minicons should definitely count individually. As should Micromasters. I don't think that buying the Micromaster Air Strike Patrol (Nightflight, Storm Cloud, Tailwind, and Whisper) shoudl count as the "same" amount as, say, just Micromaster Hot House (recolor of Tailwind) and his base.

Some were released individually in the US in them "Tiny Tins" things. Would they count? :roll

The only one I can think of right now that I wouldn't count are the A-Overload/E-Ultra Magnus ones. Well, I'd count the MiniCon, but not the main body. Same as Nebulans: I count all except HM's. :thumb

:pfx completely. A-Overload without the minicon is a headless Transformer and could easily be mistaken for broken and thrown out. The minicon however is a functional toy on his own.

Voted for individually.

But with reservation. The micromasters are all good, but with the minicons some problems arise. Some minicons form a whole with the regular bot and neither or one is complete without the other.

Overload/Rollout was already mentioned.

A/E Sideways his two minicons form two of his heads. I think the cartoon only showed him with one of these heads in use (the comic featured him with his own) and since the minicons don't have an alt mode of their own, I somehow doubt whether we should see them as true individuals or merely extensions of the bigger bot.

A Jetfire and commettor. Jetfire can't land in shuttle mode without commettor who forms his front landing gear.

In all three instances the big bot is not whole or even useless in one or both modes, without the minicon (just like the the target-, head- and powermasters of old) and I'm wondering if we should really count them as seperate.

I disagree with that.

Reason being is that the Mini-Cons are their own faction that have personalities as per the Armada MTMTE books and even the team members have individual personalities, as displayed with the online bios for the Cyb Recon Mini-Con Team. And the Mini-Con vs packs have bios for both Mini-Cons in the packs.

So each character has their own individual personality and therefore should be counted individually.

I don't know about the Micromasters if any of them had individual personalities though...save for the possible Hot Rodimus that came with Star Convoy which is just Hot Rod scaled down to Micromaster scale.

With this reply you made, the situation has become dependent on what form the minicon takes. In comic book form, I do agree with you in saying that these minicons have personalities and what not. But in the toy sense (which is what I think we're talking about here); in the Star Convoy/Hot Rod example, neither is complete without the other. A star convoy is worth less without the Hot Rod, and the Hot Rod is worth signficantly less than the Star Convoy on it's own.

With that said, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see minicons for sale individually all too often. I've bought minicons from other users, and I've bought them as sets, not individually. A good topic, nevertheless.

Forgot about those Tinytins. And what about those Walmart Bonus Deluxes. Ex. Landmine w/ minicon, etc, etc. ? Hrm! Things get confusing! :eek

Can't we just keep it simple?

If you can display it seperately in one complete form then it countsas one?

I think Overload is the only exception to the Minicon/bot being two. He is more styled along the lines of PM Prime and G1 Ultra Mangus, with the trailer being a armor suit. All of the other forms Overload takes are not standalone.

It would be onething if his body had an already exiting head, but it doesn't. His vehicle mode is just a trailer and not some sort of complete vehicle(unlike the head masters). He doesn't even become a base of some sort like Fort Max.

So with that Mincicons and Bots are all individuals aside from Energon Magnus/Sentinel maximus/Overload

Headmasters can count as two since their bodies can form complete standalone vehicles and creatures. And Their heads are stand alone humanoid forms.

Archived