dont miss the boat

shajaki

I missed out on a few figs that I wanted, new years convoy, TFC megatron, and ML Scourge. I would really like to have these figures but I'm waiting for some ebay luck.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only get what you want not because you think the price will go up...there is too many ebay schilling going on anyways...same seller will then resell the item 2 months later after they sold it for XXX amount of insane dollars....I stopped buying things just because I felt something was going up I only buy now because they bring back my memories of TF not because I think they are going up. I guess its nice if your an investor for TF, but your money can be well spent eslwhere to invest in than TF. Oh Case in poitn about prime takar reissue 00 I bought 3 of him for like 160 to 170 and noticed on ebay they went for 220 to 230 no shipping addedd yet so I sold mine for only 160 same price I bought him for, but yet there were 2 others on ebay same time they all sold for 230 and were in japan shipping was like 30 bucks or something like that and yet my shipping was 10 bucks in states the winning bidders for the 230 were so called americna bidders........so i stopped buying if I can get 2 im happy one to keep sealed and one to open.

only get what you want not because you think the price will go up...

well im not saying horde things early on. im saying if you truly want something and your worried it will be scarce in the furute, dont wait to get it. hence missing the boat.

here's an old one. jrx car robots/rid train bro's set haunting me. i can't find it for cheap... grrr...

alt np is the only one im uber bitter about missing. and i hear the hybrid convoy no 2 is out of print now... and i wont be gettin that, predaking, and fort max for cheap.

here's an old one. jrx car robots/rid train bro's set haunting me. i can't find it for cheap... grrr...

alt np is the only one im uber bitter about missing. and i hear the hybrid convoy no 2 is out of print now... and i wont be gettin that, predaking, and fort max for cheap.

They did a second run of the Hyrbrid Convoy, so he is available to order.

http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/THS02-Con...HX02-Convoy.htm

I'll be laughing my way to the bank if ~20 years down the line Primus with his Omega Lock and Planet Key starts going for as much as a decent Fort. Max does now. Seriously, needing that little accessory to transform him is gonna bite a lot of people in the ass.

only get what you want not because you think the price will go up...

well im not saying horde things early on. im saying if you truly want something and your worried it will be scarce in the furute, dont wait to get it. hence missing the boat.

thats true, but if you want it the money shouldnt be a problem generally you will work towards it so you wont miss the boat....if its sitting there at target, walmart, etc..and you thinking in your head you cant spare 5 to 50 dollars for this one item you truely want then I feel its the person fault for spending 50 to 300 dollars later for it.....

I'll be laughing my way to the bank if ~20 years down the line Primus with his Omega Lock and Planet Key starts going for as much as a decent Fort. Max does now. Seriously, needing that little accessory to transform him is gonna bite a lot of people in the ass.

that would be messe dup badly....if you needed the key... :clap

Basically since they reeled in their demand expectataions after shockwave, everything has the potential to go up in value. Without knowing how many of each mold are avaialbe, you would expect the better molds/colors to be more valuable. That said, the limited release of alt Prowl and Camshaft means they are the two I expect to go up in price the most. Maybe Prime because he's prime and mirage if they don't make that many but those to may end up be overproduced.

Grim and wheeljack should hold their value and maybe go up, since they are popular characters with good molds. Expecially wheeljack who wasn't produced as much as some. If they don't release a second mold of skids, that could have some impact on his value. Rollbar is not as good a mold/recolor as swerve (who was a remold, alhtough I'm not sure that really has as much impact as him being a red corvette), but they have similar shipping numbers I would guess so there is potential there.

NP will go up, but I doubt he'll inflate to much above the 50-65 he was commanding last week, so I'm not sure if it counts. If he hits $100 that's only a 50% increase versus swerver who went for over %100 at times with is 400% increase in price.

The one I would like is the luck draw decepticharge they shipped in japan with the english packaging and just a sticker...

PDeMaio

FYI: Swerve and decepticharge were available at retail (shelf warmers even) here...

Yeah, I'm still kinda feeling the burn since I saw,at the same time, Decepticharge, Wheeljack, and Prowl in a store, but had no cash to buy them. Out excercizing. They were gone when I came back the next day, 'cause it was a ten mile ride out there, and I didn't think that it'd be worth another twenty in addition to $70.

• 1 month later...

bump'd.

i got some new additions to "get them now not later,"

bw10th primal and megs (cybertron new molds)

primus w/ head

alt n.prime, camshaft, prime and mirage

imo, if your a collector seeking these items still, ebay them or seek help in the end cap. although does anyone think that people will get another crack at some of these figures around christmas time when distribution picks up?

Archived