'Nightmare' Kicker

Father Time

I'll soon have pictures, but for now, you'll just have to go for the background and story.

As for background, and reason: My own Microman Kicker broke. :tfsad Because I wanted to something with him, and have a dynamic character I could play around with (both in terms of writing, and in terms of just something to mess around with besides my TFs) I desided to combine his stuff with some other leftsover microman-pieces I had.

In his own universe, Nightmare Kicker had to go through the horror of watching both his own planet Earth as well as his adopted home-planet Cybertron being devoured by the creature known as Unicron. Knowing the creature would go on to rampage other univera, and being burdened with the survivor-guilt of a man seeing his own planet being destroyed, he asked the surviving Transformers to device a means of following Unicron to other universa. The Autobots and Decepticons, now no longer torn apart by civil war, but bounded together in the struggle for mere survival of their species, created a portable device that allowed Kicker to 'shift' through realities, small enough for him to carry around, and installed it into his belt. With a final greeting, Kicker said his goodbyes to his friends and former enemies, and set out to safeguard other Earths from Unicron. His friends, the minicon group collectively known as the Energon Saber Team, did not want to let him go unprotected, and decided to come along with him on his quest.

But, shifting has a different effect on organic material than on inorganic. Where Over-run could savely travel through realities, Kicker could not, due to an inherent flaw in the shifting-rpocess. When a creature shifts, the mind and memories of that creature is transplanted from one universe to another, after which it rebuild itself in the manner it sees itself. In the years Nightmare Kicker has travelled through the realities, his own image of himself has changed, and his body began to reflect those changes. Now, no longer human, he has transformed into a creature consisting of something between organic flesh and pure energy. This has greatly enhanced his endurance and stamina.

In his years of travelling, encountering all sorts of alternate realities, he has picked up several pieces of armament that he felt would protect and aid him in his quest. Various all-purpose armour oieces protect his upper torso and legs against the most common of weaponry, from lasers to ballistic bullets. His variable gun is another of those items. It can be set to an almost infinite variaty of settings, though it is limited to energy-based weaponry.

The Energon Saber Team has also underwent a change. Traveling with Nightmare Kicker through the realities in the combined Saber-mode, they have lost their ability to seperate. This effectively means that the individual Minocons no longer exist, but have merged together to form a sentient conciousness within the sword, aiding Kicker as a weapon as well as his transport. The internal structure of the Saber has also changed. Because it no longer needs to work around three seperate modules, it is now surdier than before, and more energy-efficient as well, meaning it has higher speed and manouvrebility when used in flight, and more devastating when used in his energy-powered weapon-mode.

No longer the boy he used to be, Kicker has changed in personality as well. His experiences through the realities have tought him that sometimes things needs to be done that no sane person should ever be faced with. Those experiences have left him darker and more cynical. Because he has travelled so long with so many chaning faces, he no longer feels a need to care for individual people, because he reasons that even if they survive the Horror that is Unicron, he won't stay with them anyhow, as he will shift to the next universe after the battle is done. Thus, his social skills have greatly atrofied. This is reflected in his relation with the Energon Saber, which he uses more as a tool than as a companion, since it has no means of communicating with Kicker in normal language.

Yes, I know, the name "nightmare Kicker" seems lame, but I had to use some kind of prefix, since I didn't want to give him a new name. I settled on "Nightmare", because he's living a surreal life, like a dream, but which he wishes wasn't real. Hence, "Nightmare".

Like I said, updated with pictures soon. Tomorrow or so.

Funny thing: The only thing that remained of the original Kicker are the belt and the Saber. The rest is all take from other Micromen. :redface

Nemesis? He's not evil, you know. Yes, he is darker. He's like a 90s extreme grim version of Kicker, but not evil. He sees himself as fighting for a higher cause, beyond the petty rivalry between the Autobots and Decepticons, and between the humans themselves, because he knows greater things are at stake.

Plus, with so many Nemesis Primes, the prefix Nemesis is kinda corny, don't you think?

Nemesis? He's not evil, you know. Yes, he is darker. He's like a 90s extreme grim version of Kicker, but not evil. He sees himself as fighting for a higher cause, beyond the petty rivalry between the Autobots and Decepticons, and between the humans themselves, because he knows greater things are at stake.

Plus, with so many Nemesis Primes, the prefix Nemesis is kinda corny, don't you think?

yeah, but i thought he could accompany nem. prime or something. but that would be strange since he's not evil n all.

• 1 month later...

Archived