I officially quit the retail stores

Devil Mazinkaiser

Okay, it's been a long time coming but I have officially had it with the stupid Wallycrons, Tar-jays, and TRUs of Florida.

Never anything new, EVER!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I think that my local stores intentionally overstock with old crap just to frustrate me. And to make it worse, today a little kid at a store yells... YAY!!!!! ENERGON IRONHIDE!!!!!!! And he dove for it like he found Primus (with head) or something.

So now, I have turned to the online stores for my TF fix. I got my Alt. Mirage from Digital Toys two days ago, Cybertron Unicron comes today from ebay and I just "bought it now" for a Cyb. Menasor. I might pay a little more, but at least I will finally get something that I see every other fan enjoying and save the money on gas while 'hunting'.

End rant - carry on everyone.... thanks for being there.    :wave

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, it's been a long time coming but I have officially had it with the stupid Wallycrons, Tar-jays, and TRUs of Florida.

Seriously, I think that my local stores intentionally overstock with old crap just to frustrate me. And to make it worse, today a little kid at a store yells... YAY!!!!! ENERGON IRONHIDE!!!!!!! And he dove for it like he found Primus (with head) or something.

So now, I have turned to the online stores for my TF fix. I got my Alt. Mirage from Digital Toys two days ago, Cybertron Unicron comes today from ebay and I just "bought it now" for a Cyb. Menasor. I might pay a little more, but at least I will finally get something that I see every other fan enjoying and save the money on gas while 'hunting'.

I bet that kid was happy 'cuz he got to buy a toy and stuff

BTW you live in the wrong state, I've had to wait maybe a few weeks after stuff is originally sighted but I always find it eventually

he dove for it like he found Primus (with head)

huhuhuh

Hee hee... I just saw that.

Yup - I am in Florida adremalech... directly accross the state from you in Vero. I will be in Tampa on Monday for a business meeting - are you seeing new stuff over there?

Where would you recommend I go?

But LM - I just don't understand the thinking of store managers who let stock sit for over a year on their shelves. Obviously they must see a spike in sales when something new shows up, so why not continuously keep new stuff coming instead of the old stuff that doesn't sell? :wtf

he dove for it like he found Primus (with head)

huhuhuh

Hee hee... I just saw that.

Yup - I am in Florida adremalech... directly accross the state from you in Vero. I will be in Tampa on Monday for a business meeting - are you seeing new stuff over there?

Where would you recommend I go?

But LM - I just don't understand the thinking of store managers who let stock sit for over a year on their shelves. Obviously they must see a spike in sales when something new shows up, so why not continuously keep new stuff coming instead of the old stuff that doesn't sell?   :wtf

Sometimes stuff just doesn't sell quickly. I imagine a large retail store with a large customer base would rather keep old stock on the shelves than send it back to the manufacturer at a loss.

But it's not like E Ironhide is keeping you from getting Alt Mirage and BW 10th Megs and Primal etc.

I bet that kid was happy 'cuz he got to buy a toy and stuff

ya rly.

the energon series is great for kids, IMO.

True...

Guess I am letting my angst take control.... so much new stuff coming out, and my local stores just don't seem to be cooperating with me!

'cause you know.... they really have nothing better to do than worry about MY toy obsession and stuff.  :redface

The way it happens here is new stuff just trickles in with the old.  To this day, the local TRU only had 1 box with Cyb Downshift and CD Hotshot...as well as 2 boxes with CD Scattor and Soundwave.

I would love to order everything online...I wouldnt mind paying afew extra bucks...but unfortunately it comes out to a lot more bucks.

I wish that someday I will go into TRU and see Primus, Alt Mirage, Alt Prime, Cyb Bendy Prime, Cyb Metroplex.  My wallet and gf will hate me, but I would have a Transforgasm.

My area usually has a decent mix of old and new stuff for both my TFs and my GI Joes.  I can go to Target and see a 10th anniversary Cheetor, and then right above it, a Override GTS.  Same with my Joes.  I can see a commando wave one Duke, and right behind it could be the newer commando wave Snake Eyes.

Archived