cyb galvatron

cyb darkscorponok

swt melinimum falcon

swt Emperor Imperial Shuttle

swt Clone Trooper ARC 170

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really a fan of either finder or paypal fees. Have yet to actually encounter anyone who has charged either. As siaid I'm not really seeing a difference between either this or the Endcap. For the most part I guess it saves everyone from starting a new thread. As for dealing in the endcap I really have yet to be burned by anyone which IMO says a great deal for the members who frequent this forum. :thumb

Currently I'm pretty much caught uo but right now

Supreme Starscream

Metroplex

Menasor

Alt Ravage (still around aparently)

Payoal is okay by me and I am in MB Canada

There is nothing wrong with charging for the Paypal fees. I can see saying "Powerglide it" if we're talking in the $10-$20 range, but once you start going higher, those fees can really start to mount up. It's not right to make someone doing you a favor to take ANY kind of financial loss in the deal, even if it is just a few bucks.

I've helped several people get the figs they need on various boards and in the process I've absorbed a bit of a loss just because I take great care in wrapping and shipping the figs that I send, so I usually end up spending more than I should on things like shipping supplies and even underestimating the shipping cost.

Right now I can see everyones want list pretty much being the same...

Alt Prime and Mirage. That's what I need and I'll GLADLY throw in the $5 finders fee to whoever finds them for me, even if they don't ask for it.

Anyway, I'm all for helping out people if I can.  :thumb

:pfx  Well said.

We discussed the PayPal fees in the other thread, but this post sums it up perfectly. I wil send anything I can find for cost & shipping to anyone on here. My time & effort is free, going to a toy shop is NEVER a problem and I have lots of boxes & foam/bubblewrap around the house. There's no way I'm taking a loss though.

The 5% flat-fee I suggested covers the 4% PayPal fees, with a bit on top to go towards petrol/gas and packing materials. And to be honest, 5% is a nice round number for dummies like me to add-up quickly!

A quick question on shipping: Insurance? Is it a must, or is it up to the buyer? May I suggest that all sellers keep all receipts & proof of postage if insurance is not purchased by the buyer? I always scan & PM all paperwork if insurance is not wanted (it's v.expensive overseas sometimes) just in case of things going wrong. It would put my mind at ease when dealing with anyone, that's why I do it for others.

May I also suggest people putting cool stuff that they have readily available (retail) in their posts too? We all know what the popular ones are, so it could maybe help people in the "Buddy Program" deal with each other? eg: We had loads of Red Armada Thrusts for £5 in the UK and we sometimes (not often) get the odd rarity.

It seems like "Rules-for-rules" a bit, but more (clear) rules = less problems IMO.

Any thoughts?

(I can edit this post shorter and stick it in the other thread if you want me to plowking? Just shoot me a quick "move-it" PM & I'll get it done as soon as I log-on.  :thumb  )

PS - I'll hang-tight on a "Want" list until I get payed again!  :tftongue 

Not really a fan of either finder or paypal fees. Have yet to actually encounter anyone who has charged either. As siaid I'm not really seeing a difference between either this or the Endcap. For the most part I guess it saves everyone from starting a new thread. As for dealing in the endcap I really have yet to be burned by anyone which IMO says a great deal for the members who frequent this forum. :thumb

Supreme Starscream

Metroplex

Menasor

There is nothing wrong with charging for the Paypal fees. I can see saying "Powerglide it" if we're talking in the $10-$20 range, but once you start going higher, those fees can really start to mount up. It's not right to make someone doing you a favor to take ANY kind of financial loss in the deal, even if it is just a few bucks.

I've helped several people get the figs they need on various boards and in the process I've absorbed a bit of a loss just because I take great care in wrapping and shipping the figs that I send, so I usually end up spending more than I should on things like shipping supplies and even underestimating the shipping cost.

Right now I can see everyones want list pretty much being the same...

Alt Prime and Mirage. That's what I need and I'll GLADLY throw in the $5 finders fee to whoever finds them for me, even if they don't ask for it.

Anyway, I'm all for helping out people if I can.  :thumb

:pfx  Well said.

We discussed the PayPal fees in the other thread, but this post sums it up perfectly. I wil send anything I can find for cost & shipping to anyone on here. My time & effort is free, going to a toy shop is NEVER a problem and I have lots of boxes & foam/bubblewrap around the house. There's no way I'm taking a loss though.

The 5% flat-fee I suggested covers the 4% PayPal fees, with a bit on top to go towards petrol/gas and packing materials. And to be honest, 5% is a nice round number for dummies like me to add-up quickly!

A quick question on shipping: Insurance? Is it a must, or is it up to the buyer? May I suggest that all sellers keep all receipts & proof of postage if insurance is not purchased by the buyer? I always scan & PM all paperwork if insurance is not wanted (it's v.expensive overseas sometimes) just in case of things going wrong. It would put my mind at ease when dealing with anyone, that's why I do it for others.

May I also suggest people putting cool stuff that they have readily available (retail) in their posts too? We all know what the popular ones are, so it could maybe help people in the "Buddy Program" deal with each other? eg: We had loads of Red Armada Thrusts for £5 in the UK and we sometimes (not often) get the odd rarity.

It seems like "Rules-for-rules" a bit, but more (clear) rules = less problems IMO.

Any thoughts?

(I can edit this post shorter and stick it in the other thread if you want me to plowking? Just shoot me a quick "move-it" PM & I'll get it done as soon as I log-on.  :thumb  )

PS - I'll hang-tight on a "Want" list until I get payed again!  :tftongue

I stand heavily corrected. Ouch.

I see how that all makes a lot of sense and quite honestly I've also found myself in the same boat spend more than should be but hey at least it helps someone out right.

I'll be honest I use my parent's Paypal account for sending and recieving and I have yet to have either one mention anything about a user fee. I'll definitely look into it. As said an extra $5 shouldn't make or break a deal and I really have no problem with it from a selling/buying perspective. I know personally if i see out to anyone i just go cost and s/h nut as said I'll look into the whole PP fee thing. :thumb

Now to address another issue that's been bothering me for some time. Currency exchange. I am asuming U.S. currency is Universal in all exchanges wherever you send. For some reason I like a cheat when buying someth in Canadian than selling it at US price point. Is it just me or does it even out for both partys involved/ Damn ethics.

I stand heavily corrected. Ouch.

I see how that all makes a lot of sense and quite honestly I've also found myself in the same boat spend more than should be but hey at least it helps someone out right.

I'll be honest I use my parent's Paypal account for sending and recieving and I have yet to have either one mention anything about a user fee. I'll definitely look into it. As said an extra $5 shouldn't make or break a deal and I really have no problem with it from a selling/buying perspective. I know personally if i see out to anyone i just go cost and s/h nut as said I'll look into the whole PP fee thing. :thumb

Now to address another issue that's been bothering me for some time. Currency exchange. I am asuming U.S. currency is Universal in all exchanges wherever you send. For some reason I like a cheat when buying someth in Canadian than selling it at US price point. Is it just me or does it even out for both partys involved/ Damn ethics.

Currency rates should just go by the exchange rate at the time of the PayPal transaction IMO.

eg: Some one sends £10UK from PayPal in America (you can send money in any currency) and their PayPal will say to them they've payed $18.50US. So if you charge $5Can for a deal to America they just send you $5Can from their account and their PayPal charges their bank $4.50US.

Don't worry about exchange rates, PayPal does it all for you!

However... PayPal takes 4% of the money you send from the person receiving it. Leaving them 4% short of money to buy the item & post it.

So... if the sender of cash (buyer) sticks 5% on, the receiver of cash (seller) gets the money to cover the deal with a 1% "profit" on top.

eg:

TF costs £20 with S&H shipping (Flat cost)

Buyer sends £21 (Flat cost + 5%)

PayPal take £0.80 (4%)

Seller receives £20.20 (Flat cost + 1%)

It sounds complicated but it's quite simple really, you'll see what I mean next time you use PayPal.  :thumb

(Simple percentage trick:

To work out 5% just times(x) the Flat cost by 1.05 on a calculator).

I like this idea. Is alt Swerve or Decpticharge warming any shelves? I need them.

Paypal Verified (53)

St. Louis

This one's funny. As much as Swerve is going for on Ebay.....good luck

Hey, a man can dream can't he?

You know, I've sold to about 35-40 different people on here, and I've made them some VERY good deals on stuff. Mostly G1. (Read my feadback). I think that someone out there would want to help me out, like I helped them. I understand I'm not going to pay retail, but I'd be willing to pay like $40ish for one (opened or not) + shipping.

I couldn't tell if you were wanting or offering Alt. Ravage.

I know where two of them are but I would have to tack on the $5 f.f. (can't break routine).

-----

as for the whole paypal fee, I don't charge for it.  It was never really a concern for me and I just took it out of my $5 f.f.

Lets say it cost $30 to ship 1 Alt. in the US (flat rate priority mail) and you say its okay to charge a 5% paypal fee.  What am I supposed to do with that $1.50?  Think about driving somewhere?  That barely gets a half gallon of gas.

F'ck that, I would rather you spend your own time/gas/money if people are gonna sulk over $5.  I would suspect the heaviest sulking from teenagers since there are a few on here (and most likely they don't really have their own money) but from people that are in the 20's and up, wtf?!? this is a hobby, nobody said it was gonna be cheap.

I wonder how long Alt. Mirage is gonna sit in my house when I offer him up here...hmmm....

Rose, do you not understand what was said earlier.....No Finders Fee's. Its not lost anyway. Why is it that you seem to have a hard time with this?

Dude, give it a rest. Please.

Archived