The End Cap Buddy Program

I brought this up here:

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=49818

And it seemed to have a good response, so .....

The rules:

1. You can only list your wants that are currently in retail.

2. You (the person in need/wanting) are responsible for;

a. Purchase Price, including tax

b. Shipping costs

c. PAYPAL fee's. These are usually 4% of the total, but from the suggestions of

some members it will be 5% of the total, 1% to cover any packaging

materials needed. If you are not a PAYPAL user, you must post this in your

want thread, while listing other payment options available

3. NO FINDER'S FEE'S/MARK-UPS allowed. I'm sure we are ALL tired of eBay

scalpers. If you want to add a little extra, it's between you and your buddy.

4. Once you have received items from your want list, please edit/update it.

So, it would go like this:

WANT LIST (retail only)

LOCATION (for shipping purposes)

METHOD OF PAYMENT

And Admin/Mods, if this works, could we get it pinned?  :thumb

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um...I already do this. If somebody on the board wants a current toy and I find it, I ship it to them for cost of the figure + shipping only.

I was unaware this was a new concept. :tfhuh

Its not a NEW concept, I thought this would make it easier...and I didn't know that you were doing it for fellow fans already.... so if you see:

Alt. Camshaft (want two of them)

paypal equipped.

I live in MI. 48122.

In the meantime.....

I have in the past done this for other members and got burn more time then the deal worked out.  Either once I get the tool . they told me that they did not have the cash to pay me back or another member already got it for them.  Also I feel that a finder fee is ok as long as it only 5 dollars.

Not really a fan of either finder or paypal fees. Have yet to actually encounter anyone who has charged either. As siaid I'm not really seeing a difference between either this or the Endcap. For the most part I guess it saves everyone from starting a new thread. As for dealing in the endcap I really have yet to be burned by anyone which IMO says a great deal for the members who frequent this forum. :thumb

Currently I'm pretty much caught uo but right now

Supreme Starscream

Metroplex

Menasor

Alt Ravage (still around aparently)

Payoal is okay by me and I am in MB Canada 

Not really a fan of either finder or paypal fees. Have yet to actually encounter anyone who has charged either. As siaid I'm not really seeing a difference between either this or the Endcap. For the most part I guess it saves everyone from starting a new thread. As for dealing in the endcap I really have yet to be burned by anyone which IMO says a great deal for the members who frequent this forum. :thumb

Currently I'm pretty much caught uo but right now

Supreme Starscream

Metroplex

Menasor

Alt Ravage (still around aparently)

Payoal is okay by me and I am in MB Canada

There is nothing wrong with charging for the Paypal fees. I can see saying "Powerglide it" if we're talking in the $10-$20 range, but once you start going higher, those fees can really start to mount up. It's not right to make someone doing you a favor to take ANY kind of financial loss in the deal, even if it is just a few bucks.

I've helped several people get the figs they need on various boards and in the process I've absorbed a bit of a loss just because I take great care in wrapping and shipping the figs that I send, so I usually end up spending more than I should on things like shipping supplies and even underestimating the shipping cost.

Right now I can see everyones want list pretty much being the same...

Alt Prime and Mirage. That's what I need and I'll GLADLY throw in the $5 finders fee to whoever finds them for me, even if they don't ask for it.

Anyway, I'm all for helping out people if I can.  :thumb 

Archived