Tennessee Sightings

EPrime1

Okay, Memphis Transfans! Here's the rundown from what I saw making the rounds today:

Winchester Walmart and Target both have a healthy crop of Classics, from Astrotrain to Ramjet. Plenty of all the figures between the two.

Winchester Walmart also had Alt Sunstreaker, and a couple Skids/Ricochet.

Bartlett Walmart has a sad selection of classics and a ton of shelfwarming Cybertron figs, including a bunch of older minicons like Shadow Recon Team. They also had a couple Alt Skids and Ricochet collecting dust. I even saw some of the 'Ultimate Battle' 2-packs with the bonus minicons attached. If they had anything else more recent, I didn't see it.

Germantown Rd Wal-Mart has a heaping section of TF toys, lots of classics, lots of Universe Devastator, and get this: A FEW ALT RUMBLE AND RAVAGE. I bought one of each for me, but there were still 2 of each, and a couple Skids and Ricochet mixed in, when I left. This is promising, because it means they may order more once these sell out, so don't go to the scalpers!

Between this and the Target next door, you should be able to find any recent Classics or Cybertron figure you need.

As a bonus, I dropped by two of the local Big Lots; Summer Ave Big Lots has those wacky bootleg oversized Legends figures for 2$ apiece, (though they're horrifically cheap in person) a bunch of overpriced Universe figs like Stormjet at 8$, and about a BILLION of the Universe Superion gestalt mini figures -- you know, the six of them that come with heads and feet and crotches and all. I mentally organized at least 10 full sets of 1~6, but there were enough there to be easily twice that. 4$ each. ~27$ for your own Mini-Superion...you decide if it's worth it.

Winchester Big Lots didn't have any of the boots or minis, but they DID have some bizarre 2-packs of bootlegged figures that appear to be stolen from beast wars and the TF Go-Bots from a while back...some of them look suspiciously like a tiny, crappy-painted Jetfire and Mirage... 4$ for a set of two, but they looked so crappy I couldn't bring myself to get any.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, Memphibians... here's what I saw out making the rounds yesterday:

Target has, of course, set all their Classics to Clearance mode, which means you'll find a ton of Classics Optimus, a few scattered Minicon sets, a few Prime Munkey Cybertrons, but not much else. I didn't see a SINGLE deluxe-sized figure ANYWHERE in the three Targets I checked (Winch, Germ, Bart). What I DID find was SCADS of those horrific 'Movie Preview' figures wherein Prime and Starscream turn into flying space turds. If that's your bag, you can't miss 'em.

The Wally Worlds still have TONS of the classics figures, so if you want em, now's the time to get 'em before they similarly stop selling them in lieu of the impending Movie figs.

But for a bit of GOOD news: Germantown Rd Wal-Mart still has tons of the 'Classics' Devestator Repaint, and apparently they are continuing to get cases of Alts, because they have a fresh new stock of Rumble and Ravage! There ought to be plenty to go around, especially if the scalpers have already eaten their fill...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived