Alternators Nemesis Prime

PrimeObjective

Yeah DC was definately a shelf warmer. I think wheeljack will also prove to be rare. The real interesting ones to me are the recent releases like Skids, sunstreaker, rollbar and ricochet. They haven't really been shelf warmers at all. Prowl is already starting to go up in value. I odn't think I've ever seen a bubble packaged one in the store...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do people feel about hasbro doing more limited releases of alts at higher price points? I think the nemesis prime could have worked out really well if they had just made a few more and done a better job of limiting scalping. What if hasbro did more online exclusive releases. Like Ultra Magnus at $25 or $30. Trailbreaker as a jeep for $30 or hoist as a Pickup with a crain towing apparatus that became a huge gun. I think one a quater would really help them justify the cost of the line and tools. Keep in mind they make a much higher margin on toys they sell themselves, particularly if the price point is even higher.

normal alt $2-3 to make, sell it for 10, sells at stores for $20: they make $7

exclusive alt $5-6 to make (cost more to make less and they have to deal with inventory and the online store w/returns etc), sell it online for 30: $24. They only have sell a third of them to break even on what they sell at retail.

They could do exclusive repaints of characters people want, but maybe wouldn't bee huge sellers. I'd like to see a red alert as a prowl repaint.

P-

PS come on 49...

I think we'd see the same thing that just happened with NP, that is unless, they actually do what they say they would do in the first place.

I didn't get one, and I'm feeling a surprising amount of meh about it. I thought I'd care more since I was an alt completist. oh well.

Give it some time, then it will come back and haunt you.

maybe....

but that's what ebay and botcon are for. Between the two, I should be able to find one.

How do people feel about hasbro doing more limited releases of alts at higher price points? I think the nemesis prime could have worked out really well if they had just made a few more and done a better job of limiting scalping. What if hasbro did more online exclusive releases. Like Ultra Magnus at $25 or $30. Trailbreaker as a jeep for $30 or hoist as a Pickup with a crain towing apparatus that became a huge gun. I think one a quater would really help them justify the cost of the line and tools. Keep in mind they make a much higher margin on toys they sell themselves, particularly if the price point is even higher.

normal alt $2-3 to make, sell it for 10, sells at stores for $20: they make $7

exclusive alt $5-6 to make (cost more to make less and they have to deal with inventory and the online store w/returns etc), sell it online for 30: $24. They only have sell a third of them to break even on what they sell at retail.

They could do exclusive repaints of characters people want, but maybe wouldn't bee huge sellers. I'd like to see a red alert as a prowl repaint.

P-

PS come on 49...

So, we'd be paying extra for figures we should've gotten a long time ago, like Trailbreaker and Hoist? Powerglide that. I want a Trailbreaker as much as the next guy, but the last thing I need is a FOURTH JEEP. They'd have to be pretty damn special for me to even consider it...

Wait... I just thought about all the trouble I went to for a straight repaint of Alt Prime :tfmad

I'd probably get suckered in, but they would need to be no more than $25, and like I said, pretty damn special, ie NOT a lot of straight repaints. They would at least need to be up to Swerve caliber.

Archived