Alternators Nemesis Prime

PrimeObjective

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hasbro is thinking about going "exclusive/special release" with the Alt line they're probably in for a shock. Another debacle like the one they had with NP and they'll find the market shrinking... remember, they don't benefit at all from the secondary market. The only thing they got from Powerglideing up NP's release was a lot of bad blood from the very people they should be trying hardest to please.

If Hasbro is thinking about going "exclusive/special release" with the Alt line they're probably in for a shock. Another debacle like the one they had with NP and they'll find the market shrinking... remember, they don't benefit at all from the secondary market. The only thing they got from Powerglideing up NP's release was a lot of bad blood from the very people they should be trying hardest to please.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I think I'd pretty much be done with alts then. It's already bad enough when stores have started hiking their prices up to $25 on alts (Target and Kay-Bee).

I would not be surprised to see Hasbro to stop selling new ones in stores or all together and just start offering them on HTS.com only at higher prices. Then we would get to tack on s/h, YAY! I think that is how they would start "justifying" exclusive pricing.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I think I'd pretty much be done with alts then. It's already bad enough when stores have started hiking their prices up to $25 on alts (Target and Kay-Bee).

I would not be surprised to see Hasbro to stop selling new ones in stores or all together and just start offering them on HTS.com only at higher prices. Then we would get to tack on s/h, YAY! I think that is how they would start "justifying" exclusive pricing.

(adds my post mostly to get us that much closer to page 50, oh and I am more impressed w/ the almost 21K views, damn!!!)

H42, I really really hope that Hasbro is reading this thread and comments like that b/c it is the collectors that made NP so valuable, it wasn't the kids or their parents, it was us, the collectors. Their behavior w/ NP is abhorable and has done nothing but piss off their core Alt collecting group. If they think that we will keep buying hiked up Alts, then they are going to make a big mistake I think. I really hope that they do something to turn this line around and get it back to where it was a yr and a half ago w/ new, high quality molds, remolded recolors, but w/ the distribution they have today (which I think has greatly improved).

RDD, damn, Target upped the prices? I didn't know that. What a crock.

Dude.. don't be nieve.

To Hasbro, long-time fans are garunteed money. They care about new buyers, parents, children, that kinda thing. Any fan service for long-time fans is either lip service, or there to help spur interest.

So, the plural of Lego is Lego? An in deer? As in "This model of the Empire State Building is composed of over 10,000 LEGO?" Hmm...

In other news, FITTY!!!

...now let's shoot for a hundred!

Archived