End Cap Buddy Program

Would you be interested in buying for a fellow Tfan?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying for a fellow Tfan?

• [A] Yes I would
    • [B] No I would not
    • [C] Nice thought, but it will never work

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, that's how I ended up getting my Energon grimlock and Swoop set. can't beat it! I forgot who the guy was. Thanks again, whoever you are! :wave

Plowking

That's funny-- did you read this thread or is this just collective subconscious at work making us all realize how fubar'd the surrent situation is?

So I'm in.... but where's the buddy thread?

Yea, must have been that subconscious thingy...

As far as the Buddy Thread, I guess we would have to get a mod to pin one, or do we have to start it first, and then it gets pinned? I'm not quite sure how that part goes.....

And yes Siburke, that's how it would work. The individual that is in need would post his/her wants - remember, retail only - and where in the country he/she is located (for shipping purposes)

Example:

Plowking

Wants: Alt. Camshaft - need two of them

Then an "End Cap Buddy" would hopefully have some in his area, see my want list, and hook me up!

So, umm..... who's seen Alt. Camshaft?

Well you can put me down right now as the lone - "B" No I would not.  It could be to one sided.

When I've helped other TFans out I've been upfront and honest and its been fair back and forth and I'm fine with that.

I dunno, maybe it just me but I wouldn't plan on carrying a shopping list around all the time for fellow fans.  Then there is the "who's gonna pay for my gas to go back out to the store cause I saw "X" transformer and somebody wanted it?"  And if that wasn't enough then you get people whining about others buying up all the "X" tf's in the area so that they could be sold here.

If it works, it works but in the end I don't think it will.

Plowking

That's funny-- did you read this thread or is this just collective subconscious at work making us all realize how fubar'd the surrent situation is?

So I'm in.... but where's the buddy thread?

Yea, must have been that subconscious thingy...

As far as the Buddy Thread, I guess we would have to get a mod to pin one, or do we have to start it first, and then it gets pinned? I'm not quite sure how that part goes.....

And yes Siburke, that's how it would work. The individual that is in need would post his/her wants - remember, retail only - and where in the country he/she is located (for shipping purposes)

Example:

Plowking

Wants: Alt. Camshaft - need two of them

Then an "End Cap Buddy" would hopefully have some in his area, see my want list, and hook me up!

So, umm..... who's seen Alt. Camshaft?

Well, you thought of it, you start it-- "THE OFFICIAL ENDCAP BUDDY PROGRAM LIST"

... or whatever.  Just put it up there and a mod can pin it.

I'm in... though I'm gonna help out the Bay Area peeps first...  :tfevil

Sounds like a great idea.  I certainly wouldn't mind whenever I have a few extra $$ and can help a fellow fan out.

The perfect way to do this would be to create a Buddy subforum, with each thread being a buddy. Like the Maximo Prime buddy thread would say my name, location, and what i'm looking for. we've all been here enough to be like "i've read everything i want to read.." and so we'd start reading the buddy threads, and eventually we'd know when we saw something that somebody else wanted.

hell, everyone that knows me more than just words on a screen knows i'm huntin Micros. 

So, whadaya guys think of a Buddy subforum?

Totally...I would love to help fellow fans find stuff and vice versa. It would be nice to be able for all of us to get stuff without having to be EBAY'D all of the time.

I haven't read all of the previous posts so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but what about costs for boxes and packing material? Would that be unfair to add that into the cost (ex: cost of item + cost of box/packing mat. + shipping)?

Totally...I would love to help fellow fans find stuff and vice versa. It would be nice to be able for all of us to get stuff without having to be EBAY'D all of the time.

I haven't read all of the previous posts so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but what about costs for boxes and packing material? Would that be unfair to add that into the cost (ex: cost of item + cost of box/packing mat. + shipping)?

Cost of packing material is a good question. I always keep any old boxes & bubblewrap (massive loft!) but it would suck if I ran out.

PayPal charges 4% so... How about a flat 5% (or whatever sounds right)  increase on each deal? Packing materials cost pennies when bought in bulk, so the 1% (or whatever amount) "profit" on each deal should add-up & cover the cost when we need to stock-up?

Archived