Botcon Rhinox up

JesseCampbell

I have actually been kind of quiet and *LURK'D* the threads containing the '06 Botcon exclusives since the first one was announced. At first I thought, HA! Cybertron toys repainted into Beast Wars pre-earth modes? Outrageous! Blasphemous! NOOOOES!!!!!!  :tflaugh1

However, the more I see the set the more I like them. Which I seem to do EVERY year. But I never actually buy the set when it comes down to it.  :redface

In my humble, but honest opinion I fail to see the logic in spending an OUTRAGEOUS amount of cash to fly across country, then pay a LARGE fee to get into the 'con, then pay another rediculous amout of money for exclusives that are simply just repaints of toys I already own, and who are collecting dust on shelves of every store in sight.

I am sorry in advance if I offend anyone - I do think that the effort is there to make a great set, but I can't justify the expense to myself. (Or have the patience to rely on someone else to get one for me)

(ahem)SDCCALTERNATORSNEMESISPRIME(grumble)

MAYBE on ebay if it's a good price, or through a good deal on the forums... but I will take the saved money and go on a 7 day carribean cruise with the wife, KTHX.

Now, if the con was ever in Florida, that's a different story!  :thumb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm. just needs a John Deer insignia and a orange triangle to complete the overall look.  :thumb

Not too bad but IMHO Clocker/Swerve/Cheetor for teh win. :thumb

as much as i love the landmine mold i don't feel this mold works for rhinox

and he doesn't seem brown enough really

Agreed.

This is probably my least favorite of the set, really.

HOWEVER comma, I will say that if they were basing it off of the reissue Rhinox like it says, they picked a good mold.  What with the silver screws visible on his shoulders and such.  :thumb

POOR QUALITY CONTROL HOMAGE'D!!!!  :tfevil

gotta say red alert would of made more sence to me but this is very nice and if it were sold in shops idd get it

i heard many predictions for the red alert mold, and no one thought of landmine so this way out of left field for me. but i do love it.

also i didnt realize there were so many people who disliked dinobot... meh more for me.

Actually Oggtimus Prime and myself both called the Landmine mold for Rhinox so I'm not surprised.

His face looks younger then the Rhinox I'm used to though.

Beat me to it.  :)

Know that I've seen how it looks, I have to say I'm pretty happy with the way this set turned out.  Shame I won't be getting it, but hey.  If you live in such a great country (Australia - who will beat Croatia and reach the final 16 in the World Cup!), then you've got to miss out on something.  :)

Archived