Ever run out of TFs to buy?

tentagil

:redface I never run out of tf's I want to buy, just the money needed to buy them.

Tazbot that. :tfsad

Me 3!  :tfmad

I do run out of "TF (plastic-crack) hits" in the UK. I've resorted to buying Playskool GoBots before! It feels so much better getting the toy in your hand as soon as you've payed for it. I'll never run out of things to buy though. If I ever collect every TF (YA RLY? - NO WAI!) then I'll start on Gobots (Guardian/Renegade type), Voltron, Brave stuff, MegaMorphs, Shape Shifters, Transforming Power Ranger Zords, anything that has 2 or more modes!  :redface

I don't really follow the whole "TF mythos" too much to be honest, I just love the engineering in the toys.  :thumb

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm almost done for the US as many may now know, and I'm quite current on the new stuff, and I just bought a set of the Dinocassettes so there goes my money. I've got plenty to buy G1 Jap (and UK Action Master), but I have to pay off the bowwww bow bow bow bowww I did to my credit card for Graph, Noise, Dial, and Zaur before I can play any new reindeer games.

I've hit a strange plateau.  I’ve acquired almost every  that I actually want.  I have 90% of the G1 combiner’s which are my big part of what got me into collecting TFs.  Just missing Dinoking, Guard City, Battle Gaia and the Dino cassette combiners.  I’ve got my Fort Max complete minus Cog’s gun.  I’ve picked up every BW figure I want minus Terrorsaur, and I have all the figures from the Energon Trilogy that I want.  If I was a completeist I could go back and get all the figures I'm missing, but my collection is rather small because i only get figures i really like. 

It feels strange to go to the store and not even bother looking at the Toy aisle because I know I don’t care about any of the figures currently out.  And I know that I can’t currently afford any of the last few G1 guys I need so I’m in limbo.

Of course I’ve got my eyes set on the Classics line, but that’s a few months away, so all I can do is sit here and save my money, and that just feels so strange.

Anyone else ever hit this strange place?

This is exactly where I am right now. I have all the G1 that I want, as well as everything I would have to get from ebay, I am only missing Wing Saber from Cybertron (damn him, months now I have been looking!!!!) and nothing else interests me. I even have all of my preorders in so there really is nothing left to do but wait. Oh well, Sept will be here soon and then I will be rewarded w/ MP SS, all the Classics, I should have Alt Mirage (since they might not make a damn BT version) and I bet by then we will know more about the movie figures.

Sucks having to wait though. :tdown

Yeah, when Armada came out, I skipped buying TFs altogether. It wasn't until recently that the Cybertron line got me back into it.

That was when I really got addicted to buying G1 (which I completed to my satisfaction a few months ago). It was kind of nice taking a break from scouring the stores during Armada and Energon, but going out again to get Cybertron has been nice.

nope never had it, far as G1 goes its pretty much the Primitives as a group i actively look for ( and even then only have one or two ) and individual pieces that interest me, never been a completist really, even for great lines like galaxy force, closest i got was in beast wars where i ended up getting all the transmetals/TM2's. always something om after.

Answer: yes. As in, right now. I have all the G1, G2, BW, BM, RiD, & PVCs that I want. Along with all the Alts and BTs I want. (A/E/C sucks so who cares about that.) The one thing I'm interested in is the Classics line..... and I'm verrrrrry interested in that.

(A/E/C sucks so who cares about that.)

Your open-mindedness fails at life

I don't have the cash flow to even get everything I want. I pick and choose- and I still feel like I have too many TFs.

Archived