Ever run out of TFs to buy?

tentagil

I've hit a strange plateau.  I’ve acquired almost every  that I actually want.  I have 90% of the G1 combiner’s which are my big part of what got me into collecting TFs.  Just missing Dinoking, Guard City, Battle Gaia and the Dino cassette combiners.  I’ve got my Fort Max complete minus Cog’s gun.  I’ve picked up every BW figure I want minus Terrorsaur, and I have all the figures from the Energon Trilogy that I want.  If I was a completeist I could go back and get all the figures I'm missing, but my collection is rather small because i only get figures i really like. 

It feels strange to go to the store and not even bother looking at the Toy aisle because I know I don’t care about any of the figures currently out.  And I know that I can’t currently afford any of the last few G1 guys I need so I’m in limbo.

Of course I’ve got my eyes set on the Classics line, but that’s a few months away, so all I can do is sit here and save my money, and that just feels so strange.

Anyone else ever hit this strange place?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are still about 22 g1 figures i want and some BW toys that i am missing.  So i haven't run into this yet.  I have been out of store TFs to buy though, i mean it isn't hard to keep up with the on going lines.

For a non-G1 collecting completist like me, it seems that TFs wouldn't stop coming. Just when I was finishing Energon, Cybertron already came out with a glut of assortments. I'm very appreciative of the Titanium and Classics series arriving because it would be a quality over quantity aspect that would give me a rest and actually save money before the movie comes.

I've run out. Recently, right before Wingsaber and Soundwave were released, I had every one I wanted. Alternators is always dead for months straight.

I think I have all the older ones that I want, except for maybe a G1 Metroplex and a TM Megatron (that I've been waiting for since feb :grr).

For the love of god, YES..

My income for the next couple months is severely limited, so I am praising everything holy that I've run out of things to buy for a bit. ;-) Except.. Primus... and the gigantalonia figures. And the Titanium figs. And Alt. Optimus Prime.... And the next wave of Sigma 6....

Grr. Damn you, Hasbro.

well for the most part im nonG1 and im not a completist...i only buy the ones i want...but as long as i am missing G1 prime, an original devi and 20th prime and a few others, ill never be done lol....but as far as store bought im at that point...except metroplex and primus when hes released...... so yeah im just saving money right now hoping....but never fear man...theyll release something soon enough

Archived