First public AMV, featuring the Death of OP

Update as of july 12:  THe third sketch is up!  This time, it's the scene where Unicron transforms and begins wreaking havoc everywhere.  Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Hey guys!  I've been talking about this for awhile, and now I have a little tidbit to show you.  For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, this is a project inspired by that whole Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon thing.  I was listening to a song, and thought that it would sound cool alongside a piece of TFTM.  So i tried it out, and it worked very nicely.  I began finding songs for the rest of the movie, and eventually decided to make a big project of it.  I was going to completely revamp the audio.  New music, which would mean new actors.  As many original sound effects as I could isolate and reinsert into the mix.  I'm still ironing out some details about getting into production of the real thing, but I've been able to cobble together "sketchbook" versions of the final piece, and this is one of them.  This is actually the song and scene that inspired me to do the rest of the movie.  I hope you enjoy it!  It's the Death of Optimus Prime scene, featuring the song "The Observer" by The Flaming Lips.  Bits of the original music bleed through, on purpose, because as an added bonus, the two songs are in the same key, and also match quite well.  The voices are not the actors that will be in the final project - I play Optimus, Magnus, and Hot Rod, my roommate plays Perceptor, and my girlfriend plays Daniel.  I included some extra sound effects as well. 

Well, without further ado,

Comments and critiques are welcome!  Please remember that this is a "sketch", and that the lines will be recorded more cleanly on the real project.  This is more of a test of how the scene will go over with the new music.

Awsome so far. :thumb

Though I knew the piece of music you used I just couldn't place it until I read your post.  :redface

thanx! :)

I'm uploading the Magnus one now, here it is:

this one is a little grainy, and could use some work, but since it's a sketch, i'm just using it as an example to learn from.  Enjoy!

Looking fprward to it. :thumb

Also you should mail this one to Satanstorm. It would so make his day. :thumb

This is kind of embarrassing. Haven't seen the movie for so long I don't know how it's been altered.  :redface Music I'm not sure about but the voices I think changed.

Pretty good overall. :thumb

What is Magnus saying before he gets blown apart? I can't quite make it out.

Yeah, the voices are both me, and Magnus says "Go siphon my wasteport!"... I felt a little more defiance was in order, plus the chance to use Cybertronian flavored rude dialogue was too tempting to pass up.

The music is from "Land of Sunshine", by Faith No More (whose music makes a few more appearances in TINDOZ, during the Op/Meg battle, during Rodimus' emergence, and during Devastator's appearance).

3rd one should be up by the end of the week...unfortunately, my only access to HALF-decent vocal recording is my GF's digital camera, and I only see her on the weekends. 

But...here's a taste...

You underestimate me, Galvatron...

Archived