A disturbing new trend

Devil Mazinkaiser

Okay guys... from G1 all the way through Energon it's always been a completist trend for me - even sometimes buying the molds I don't really care for just so I can own them all -  :redface - but now I am noticing something new in my collecting...

Since Cybertron came out, I have bought DOUBLES of certain figs, (Crosswise, Sideways, Cybertron Defense Scattorshot) after they go on clearance, just so I can have one on the shelf with the rest of the collection and one to knock around with and make cool poses and stuff.

Does anyone else do this?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not normally, but only because I can't afford it. If I had shelves for them all and the money for it, I certainly would. At this time, I only have two doubles - two LoC Sarscreams (one repainted a la War Within Starscream) and two Universe Spychanger Jazz's (one repainted as G1 Sideswipe).

I would if I were richer.

Of course, in order to be "richer", I'd need to be rich first.

DAMNIT :grr

Yeah, being able to go that route makes sense, as you are covering both bases of the toy market (and still able to have fun with 'em!)...

Unfortunately, it is extremely expensive. I mean, other than on this board, the only guy I've seen with a collection like that is CliffyB of Epic games fame.  (3 Fort Max's on display in his office).

Yeah, being able to go that route makes sense, as you are covering both bases of the toy market (and still able to have fun with 'em!)...

Unfortunately, it is extremely expensive. I mean, other than on this board, the only guy I've seen with a collection like that is CliffyB of Epic games fame.  (3 Fort Max's on display in his office).

I think actually finding 3 fort max's is an accomplishment in itself.

i buy whatever i can afford, and aim for a TF for each mode...that adds up to a lot of TF';s in the future

I don't see anything wrong with playing with any kind of toy. What I DO find disturbing is keeping them on shelves or boxes unopened/untouched. IMO, anyway.

Sorry no, I don't do that. I have some doubles, but not too many at all (ok I have 9 Warpaths, but that is the only one).

What I have done is buy stuff just b/c I can, ie today I bought Lugnutz b/c I returned some stuff and they put it on a giftcard, so I had some "extra" money. I didn't really want it, but I figured it isn't too much and not a terrible figure.

Nothing wrong w/ you buying doubles though. If you can afford it and it makes you happy, then go for it.

Archived