Transformers Classics Preview In TCC Members Secti

Peter_Van

um I was just kidding and stuff

I was just saying that for a G1 nostalgia line, it helps to have some G1 nostalgia to get a sense for which figures were most significant etc.

Dude, you were saying that to a guy(AKA me) who pratically Blot himself over Classics Rodimus?

yep

not to get all 1337 on you or anything

it's just different when you grow up with something... knowing about it before it's "cool" and you think you're the only one who likes it... (this was before the interwebs of course)

I was like... the only kid I knew who liked TFs. :P besides, I did grow up with it in many ways... G1 was basically the only TFs I got until BW came out. so, basically, from 91 to 97(Didn't get any of the figures in 96).

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every one around me had TFs. They brought them to school and every thing. It was sad for me cause I just had a choice few KO GoBots for a long time. I didnt start getting them until G1 was over. For me GeeWun was over after the second season was over and all the Plastic only toys started coming out.  If they atleast had rubber tires, maybe Id have like em more.

I couldn't care less if this upcoming line doesn't have any die-cast, as long as it's well engineered, actually gets released beyond the US in full, has decent prices and actually gets noticed not just by the fans, but by kids as well so that they can see that toys don't have to be things like Yui Gui Ho or whatever it's called and Beyblades and their damn mobile phone games.

Hasbro goes on about wanting to market Transformers to the kids, then they should stop their gassing and actually do that correctly with this Neo G1 line.  They should push for the adverts and cartoons to be shown at decent times on every TV channel in the countries that they plan to sell TF's in, not just the US TV channels and on Sky that not every one has.  That's how it was in the UK before the UK TV channel, ITV, that was showing the old G1 cartoon for a few episodes before cancelling it for no reason at all.  Kids are attracted by loud noises, bright colours and pushy adverts, it's been that way since the 80s.

As for the older G1 fans who complain that the new Megs looks odd, then they'll just have to accept it.  Laws for toy guns aren't likely to change, same as laws for real guns.  And besides, it's not like real guns will have a voice chip installed that says "Warning, you are about to be shot and probably killed.  You have three choices:  1:  Wet yourself in fear and beg for your life.  2:  Pray and then try to bribe the owner of the gun to spare your life.  3:  Accept your fate, hope you live and if you do live after being shot, complain and sue for a little money and ignore the fact that the law is the law and made by idiots for idiots.  Have a nice day".

So the new Megs doesn't look like a real gun this time round, so what?  Kids love toy guns, at least they did when I was a kid.  They don't care if it's not real as long as it's fun to play with.  And Transformers are just toys after all.  Well made, for the most part, toys that us older fans like too much to give up.  At least Megs wasn't made into some cute Furby style thing with a voice chip that says "I'm an evil son of a gun, I love you.  Let's all hold hands and skip before I go on a killing rampage"  Now that would be scary.

-Chuckles

I couldn't care less if this upcoming line doesn't have any die-cast, as long as it's well engineered, actually gets released beyond the US in full, has decent prices and actually gets noticed not just by the fans, but by kids as well so that they can see that toys don't have to be things like Yui Gui Ho or whatever it's called and Beyblades and their damn mobile phone games.

Hasbro goes on about wanting to market Transformers to the kids, then they should stop their gassing and actually do that correctly with this Neo G1 line.  They should push for the adverts and cartoons to be shown at decent times on every TV channel in the countries that they plan to sell TF's in, not just the US TV channels and on Sky that not every one has.  That's how it was in the UK before the UK TV channel, ITV, that was showing the old G1 cartoon for a few episodes before cancelling it for no reason at all.  Kids are attracted by loud noises, bright colours and pushy adverts, it's been that way since the 80s.

As for the older G1 fans who complain that the new Megs looks odd, then they'll just have to accept it.  Laws for toy guns aren't likely to change, same as laws for real guns.  And besides, it's not like real guns will have a voice chip installed that says "Warning, you are about to be shot and probably killed.  You have three choices:  1:  Wet yourself in fear and beg for your life.  2:  Pray and then try to bribe the owner of the gun to spare your life.  3:  Accept your fate, hope you live and if you do live after being shot, complain and sue for a little money and ignore the fact that the law is the law and made by idiots for idiots.  Have a nice day".

So the new Megs doesn't look like a real gun this time round, so what?  Kids love toy guns, at least they did when I was a kid.  They don't care if it's not real as long as it's fun to play with.  And Transformers are just toys after all.  Well made, for the most part, toys that us older fans like too much to give up.  At least Megs wasn't made into some cute Furby style thing with a voice chip that says "I'm an evil son of a gun, I love you.  Let's all hold hands and skip before I go on a killing rampage"  Now that would be scary.

Tony.

:wtf

but i do agree on you there my Uk friend

Interesting.

The sad thing is, those are some of the "regular people" that they're making the Transformers movie for.

fans are worse JMO

At least we're more knowledgable about Transformers, from G1 to the present.  We can, even if it's relucatantly, come to an understanding when something about Transformers changes. 

Archived