E Skorponok warning

Ebonsaber

Thanks for the heads up.

My Mod/Bash Scorponok is doing fine in New Jersey...

Check the pics...

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before but be warned about E Skorponok's shoulder piece.  The small front gold section with the blue tech details that connects the shoulder to the main body is made of rather brittle plastic and is very prone to stress breakage.  Right now I'm still trying to repair kremzeek's SL Megazarak, who had BOTH shoulders snapped in two.  I've also already seen an E-Skorpy with the same problem from a local seller.

I've yet to handle a Cyb Dark Skorpy, so I can't verify if it shares the same issue.

Only piece of advice I can think of is to simply avoid transforming Skorpy into the third "Jet" mode, as doing so puts the most stress on the piece.

One of these days someone will figure out how to make gold plastic not be brittle.

I asked my dad about what it would take to match Metroplex's gold (and thus get a match of Hasbro's standard gold)... He said that most gold paint you buy at retail actually contains traces and flecks of gold, thus driving up the cost. I would assume that Hasbro doesn't do that, to save money, and in the process messes up the strength of the item.

One of these days someone will figure out how to make gold plastic not be brittle.

I asked my dad about what it would take to match Metroplex's gold (and thus get a match of Hasbro's standard gold)... He said that most gold paint you buy at retail actually contains traces and flecks of gold, thus driving up the cost. I would assume that Hasbro doesn't do that, to save money, and in the process messes up the strength of the item.

Their's probably has specks of foil in it.  :roll

I just bought Dark Scorp and pulled out my Energon Scorp for comparison, I transformed them a few times, no problems whatsoever.

Here's to transforming while inebriated! :beer

I just bought Dark Scorp and pulled out my Energon Scorp for comparison, I transformed them a few times, no problems whatsoever.

Here's to transforming while inebriated! :beer

woohoo thats always fun...and where mine are at(to keep em from the kids and other such folks that frequent our house) i have to walk on the edge of my waterbed to get to them so its always fun

Their's probably has specks of foil in it.  :roll

Specks of gold foil are about all you'd get in any paint.  Anything thicker would cause the paint to clump and it would be impossible to get smooth coats.  And gold leaf/foil really isn't as expensive as you'd think.  Not that its cheap either, but if bought wholesale its not cost prohibitive by any stretch.

However I doubt any toy compay uses paint with actual gold in it.  Your trying to sell to children, going that extra step really is kinda pointless and would push up your price point a little.  Much like they don't use paint with actual silver in it.  Regardless most of the gold on Hasbro and Takara figures is closer to a bronze color then real gold.

Archived