Just picked up the Chinese KO G1 Cassettes

sickboy

I'm in Shanghai this week on business, so I stopped in my favorite transformers store on Changle Road and decided to pick up one of the packs of knockoff cassettes that I've seen floating around on the internet.

I got this one for 100RMB ($12). The guy was totally unwilling to haggle with me on the price, but I sure did try. He wouldn't even go down to 90RMB! He must be the only guy in Shanghai that doesn't like to haggle at least a little bit.  :tfmad 

The one I got has metal toes and joints, he had another set just like this one with plastic toes/joints and he wanted 60RMB for that.

But even at $12, it's pretty good. I'm blow away by how good the stickers, rubsign, and molding is on these pieces. Chromed parts are also very nice with no visible flaws. Certainly not worth the prices I've seen on ebay to get one of these to the United States, so if you can pick one up in China, it's certainly worth it. The only real drawback is that the packaging only comes in the Frenzy/Laserbeak card, and this set has a Rumble/Buzzsaw... which weren't even ever offered together. They had the Frenzy/Laserbeak figures in the correct card as well, but I wasn't as interested in that set. The packaging isn't as issue for me, because my new minty red Rumble will come out of card when I get home! :tfgrin

The store also had a bunch of the clear cassettes and knock off primes, including the black primes, but I didn't ask for prices on those.

The fact that these knockoffs are so good, it really makes me wonder where/how these figures are made. I guess nowadays you can a buy a fake anything in China. Rolexes and Transformers! What's next?

cas1.jpg

cas2.jpg

cas3.jpg

Would you be willing to pick me up a set and ship it to me when you get back to the states?

aww man, I totally would, but I'm leaving tomorrow morning to head back to the States. I guess I should have posted before hand asking if any one wanted anything. my bad.  :tfsad

That looks way too good for a bootleg. Excellent find!

Archived