More movie news

AutobotMaximal

Story Link

Plane to be Filmed for Transformers?

Source: bittercold May 19, 2006

With the cast in place for Michael Bay's Transformers (see full details here), scooper 'bittercold' alerts us to a location where the production is likely to film next week:

I am not going to tell you how I know this information because it is hush hush... but lets just say I am affiliated with the air force... here is what I know.

Next week on Wednesday and Thursday a C-130J model from Little Rock AFB Arkansas is heading for Holloman AFB New Mexico for shooting on Transformers the movie. They might be taking on the roll of a MC-130. I know they are going to do attack rolls and manuevers. I also know that after Holloman they are heading on to San Diego... so there may be more filming there.

The point of this... the film is geting USAF support and there will be C-130s in the movie.

Believe it or not... but filming is starting next week.

Transformers is scheduled for a July 4, 2007 release date.

TFormers article

Umm C-130 is cargo ship

However the AC-130 stationed out of Hubert Field, currently in Iraq & Afgan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC-130_gunship

AF usually uses KC-10s for refueling out of Travis AFB (my old stomping grounds) KC-130 also can do refueling but not sure what to take of this news...

AF SSgt not a crew chief they would know more....

LRAFB only has 130H (Cargo) 130J (Upgraded cargo) 130e (extended range)

It is a c-130 training base also so maybe they have 1-2 AC-130 not listed (easy to spot them while in the air they always fly tilted to one side (the side with the guns on them) and when they fire they jerk in the other direction)

Umm C-130 is cargo ship

AF usually uses KC-10s for refueling out of Travis AFB (my old stomping grounds) KC-130 also can do refueling but not sure what to take of this news...

It is a c-130 training base also so maybe they have 1-2 AC-130 not listed (easy to spot them while in the air they always fly tilted to one side (the side with the guns on them) and when they fire they jerk in the other direction)

Keep in mind that with special effects, they may not actually NEED a C-130 Gunship to make it look like one. Little Rock is a training base for C-130's so it wouldn't be hard for them to fly in a few different models. BTW, there are some E5 crew chiefs out there.

Umm C-130 is cargo ship

Keep in mind that with special effects, they may not actually NEED a C-130 Gunship to make it look like one. Little Rock is a training base for C-130's so it wouldn't be hard for them to fly in a few different models. BTW, there are some E5 crew chiefs out there.

Let me clarify I was a SSgt (meaning know more than Airman = not suffering from false authority syndrome) however a crewchief would know more since they actually know about aircraft...

I could tell you how to hack into a computer system, they could tell you how to hack apart a plane....

Woo-hoo!!  Score one for the Homestate!  Man, I wish I was in all the places the C130s from LRAFB (spent a lot of time there in my life) go.  Well, except for the Middle East.  But they have been all over the place and in a bunch of movies.

Archived