How many of you are almost done?

Elrod the Albino

I only collect '84-'86 b/c after that, the line kinda went downhill. I do have some from '87 and beyond (most notably Fort Max and Scorponok), but my interest is in the first 3 yrs.

I have a complete US set from '84-'86, except for the mail-away powerdashers and I suppose you can count Bumblejumper if he really is in the line. I am not too concerned w/ getting those though, anything that doesn't even have a real name doesn't concern me too much and isn't a priority.

Interesting topic.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1988 is a Starscream! Not only are there a crapload of toys (small targetmasters, small head masters, 2 waves of pretenders, pretender beasts, pretender vehicles, powermasters, triggerbots, sparkabots, combiner cassettes, seacons) but over half of it, no one really likes= no one really has= you can't find it complete. 1988 was the biggest section in my wanted list until I decided to focus on it. The 89 pretenders and 90 micros are no walk in the park either. Half of these toys I had never seen in my life until they arrived in the mail.

And as for Quiktake's haul, I consider that a whole different ball game. I just started working on the foreign stuff. I only have Deathsaurus, Liokaiser, Overlord, and Slicer. I'll get there, but I wan't to finish off my home country first.

I've not got much G1, just:

Takara book style reissue Prowl

Takara book style reissue Op. Prime

Hasbro Jazz

Hasbro Hot Rod

An original 1985 Cosmos

Keyring reissue Cliffjumper

RID repaints of the Combaticons

I've not been able to find anymore, the Takara reissues disappeared quickly and the Hasbro reissues didn't get much of a release here.  My older collection was stolen when I asked for it back a few years ago, I had TF's like the full metal chested Protectobot team, G1 Grimlock in all his glory, a slightly worse for wear G1 Soundwave, Snaptrap and another of the Seacons and several other TF's that were in need of repair.

-Chuckles

What I need and what I need boxed are 2 different things. The problem is I moved away from working on G1 about 5 years ago, and into all the other crap. I am working on getting back in on the older stuff now. I only need about 5 or 6 to complete 1985, but I also count package and paint variants.

But now I am going to work on Pre-TF before I hit up US 1984. Right now I already have Diaclone version of Clamp Down (Lamborghini Countach LP500S Police Type) and Grapple (Truck Crane), with boxed Jet Robo and Beet-Gugal coming soon in the mail.

I've managed to complete my G1 collection - twice - and this included the Japanese exclusives.

The first time I completed it was back in 1994, but when college rolled around, I had to sell them all for tuition and books (yeah, sucks.)

The second time I completed it was back in 2002, but when I was putting a down payment on a car and a house, I had to sell it again.

Just to give you an idea how much the entire collection cost, the first time around, I got around $40,000 CDN for everything (I sold it to a collector), second time around, I got $50,000 CDN for everything. Keep in mind most of the pieces were MISB/MOSC or MIB. Obviously, the value went up for G1 TFs.

I am trying to start my third go at getting G1s, except this time I'll get them loose and only the ones I liked.

Guest ultraprime

i collect nothing but primes and primals.

im almost done if i say so myself

ALL I NEED IS A VSX AND A GOOD BYE CONVOY.

After that some luckydraws which i never seen b4(blue big convoy,gold primal)

than and only than will i have a complete prime/primal collection

Guest ultraprime

oh by the way i hate the reissues :tdown  !!!!!

they kill the rareity! :tdown

oh here is two lucky draws i have

bom bom primal and gold prime :clap  :thumb

As far as G1 goes, (Japanese, UK and otherwise) I the only pieces I am looking for are

1.  one of the UK Actionmasters takeoff I think was his name, gray with tires on his abdomen

2.  Complete FAKE even LioKaizer set, or the jets that make him so I can use the Rescue force to make the gestault.

3.  A better version of Landcross, have 2 fake sets and they suck.

Other than that, nothing really. 

I am after a few color variants of the Diaclone G1 cars and Hauller.  Maybe some color variants of the minibots from Brazil, and the blue Magnum, but nothing to go really out of my way to obtain.

Red Hoist, (front end of) either red Skids, Blue Bluestreak, and of course the illusive Red Mirage and Black Tracks, with maybe the Marlboor thrown in.  But I made customs of each so no rush...

Other than that its Alts/binal's and what ever catches my eye with the new series (Have to get the Primes and Megatrons). 

Also, new fakes are very interesting to me.  Just sent the funds for a MP Transforming prime trailer, and am very interested in some new fakes

1 clear Rumble

2 Fake Japanese Dino combiner sets (just to have a version)

3 Fake variant Alternators. 

oh and a knockoff WST Prime Trailer would be nice. 

And the SPECIAL desired item, Diaclone's Big Powered larger model kit of the leg/jet section.  I just want my 2/3's of BP to STAND UP!  Its good enough for me, rather than getting the real toy. 

Some of the busts would be nice also.

That's about it. 

i'm around 50%-55% done with G1, but i have a long way to go.

Archived