New Kiss (BT) Convoy pics

MasterOfPuppets

The spikes on that sword make it look like a comb that would come with Rainbow Brite, or something. 

What a POS extra. But aside from the lameass surfboard thingy, I really like this deco better than the Alt version. I still think the mold sucks, and it was a terrible choice of character, but it has been improved overall by the new color scheme.

I'm not a BT collector, but if I were, I would be very annoyed at having to pay extra money for something I don't really want. People buy them for the die cast parts and nice paint, not for a stupid anime girl figurine.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The spikes on that sword make it look like a comb that would come with Rainbow Brite, or something. 

What a POS extra. But aside from the lameass surfboard thingy, I really like this deco better than the Alt version. I still think the mold sucks, and it was a terrible choice of character, but it has been improved overall by the new color scheme.

I'm not a BT collector, but if I were, I would be very annoyed at having to pay extra money for something I don't really want. People buy them for the die cast parts and nice paint, not for a stupid anime girl figurine.

I bet she costs $0.00000003 cents to produce

my question is, is this now standard issue for all BTs?

I think the thing people seem to forget is that they're not made for the west.

They're made for the Japanese, where, we're told, they DO want them.

If I were a BT collector, I wouldn't be pissed with Takara for trying to increase sales in their area, I'd be pissed at Hasbro.

Their failure to deliver is why poeple in their area turn to Japan in the first place.

If I were a BT collector, I wouldn't be pissed with Takara for trying to increase sales in their area, I'd be pissed at Hasbro.

Their failure to deliver is why poeple in their area turn to Japan in the first place.

I guess that the deviancies of the Japanese do need to be considered.  They really must be going downhill if Takara has to resort to such tactics to attract customers.

I guess that the deviancies of the Japanese do need to be considered.  They really must be going downhill if Takara has to resort to such tactics to attract customers.

"tactics"? Dude, over there that's a value-adder. :tflaugh

IIRC this one comes with even more than the figure, hence the higher price tag. I was lead to believe that this one comes with a DVD and a book of some sorts as well as the truck and the figurine.

This one is about 1000 yen more than the previous versions I believe.

Spencer.

Two very good posts.

That is exactly why I am annoyed that I end up having to pay $5-$10 more for a BTA than I do for a BT. I don't want all the creepy little girl crap that comes w/ the BTA, but as we all know, Takara is marketing their toys differently for the Japanese market, so we are stuck w/ it.

I am pissed that Hasbro can't/won't make the BT quality figures for the Alt line. I don't think it would cost them that much more to offer diecast figures over here. Maybe we would have to pay $30 instead of $20 for the plastic Alts, but then the collectors would be getting higher quality figures and Hasbro would be getting our $$ instead of Takara. Plus, the current BT collectors (of which I am one) would save $20 which basically comes from shipping them over to the US anyway. Everybody wins that way.

Two very good posts.

That is exactly why I am annoyed that I end up having to pay $5-$10 more for a BTA than I do for a BT. I don't want all the creepy little girl crap that comes w/ the BTA, but as we all know, Takara is marketing their toys differently for the Japanese market, so we are stuck w/ it.

I am pissed that Hasbro can't/won't make the BT quality figures for the Alt line. I don't think it would cost them that much more to offer diecast figures over here. Maybe we would have to pay $30 instead of $20 for the plastic Alts, but then the collectors would be getting higher quality figures and Hasbro would be getting our $$ instead of Takara. Plus, the current BT collectors (of which I am one) would save $20 which basically comes from shipping them over to the US anyway. Everybody wins that way.

I know that I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if Hasbro used die-cast metal in their Alternators. 

I know that I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if Hasbro used die-cast metal in their Alternators. 

Damn straight.

I wouldn't mind paying a little less to not have to import from Japan.

Archived