Alright, once more.....

AutobotMarine

Do you think there should be Star Trek Transformers?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be Star Trek Transformers?

• Yes, this idea has never been done before. There has been Star Wars and soon Battlestar Galactica, Trek should also have a place in the Transformers universe.
    • No, the idea is not very good. Star Trek should not have any TF's.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lOVE the idea of TF Starships, I like the idea of the nacelles as guns vs legs more though.  My ONLY grip with this thread is StarTrek is DEAD (saddly) and besides that, I believe, like Volswagon, it would be against Gean Roddenberrys belief to have his (basic) story littered with War Machine Robots (Rodenberry basicaly being a Hippy.)

Although I would still LOVE to see TF's based off the idea.

How about we skip past the whole TOY idea and go start with designs, just Drawings, cause if the design sux so will the toy, just look at the StarWars TFs.

This idea might someday come true (which I hope so), but I hope that the Trek Transformers will be better than the Star Wars ones.

I wouldn't say that it's against Star Trek's belief to have Transformers, I think it would be a great idea. As a matter of fact, it's brilliant! Maybe we could write to Paramount requesting them to make this, who's with me on this? :wave

not Star Treks belief per say, Rodenberry had a very "light" view with StarTrek (think original and 1st few seasons of NextGeneration)  But after Rodenberrys death the shows went darker and more complex.  The Writers made it that way Geans vision was user frindly , hence it inspiring a generation of nerds getting inspired from it (aka the cell phone = original communicator) But after he died and his vision went with him, so unfortunatly the writers had other thoughts on the direction, and StarTrek basicaly went down in flames. They unintentionaly made it so People couldn't even follow it anymore, and the storys got a little too dark and war bent for non-trekkies to enjoy. 

Hence Paramount thinks Trek as cursed,  so we'll NEVER see anything NEW Trek relelated for quite some time.  saddly.

Just to justify myself this info isnt comming out of my "exaust-port" I view a program hosted by W. Shatner ABOUT Trek and how it changed the world, and it explains (loosely) Treks demise once Roddenberry died.

Just to justify myself this info isnt comming out of my "exaust-port" I view a program hosted by W. Shatner ABOUT Trek and how it changed the world, and it explains (loosely) Treks demise once Roddenberry died.

A few little comments about that.

One: IN his movie memoires Shatner makes very clear that it was Roddenberry's vision that almost meant the end of trek after the first movie. Stating Roddenberry had completely lost what Trek was all about. Apparently, Roddenberry felt that, although they wore military uniforms, were part of a fleet, had military ranks and had ship with military designations and names, they were not military. Star Trek was a show about an utopian future where all mankind had solved their problems and now lived in peace and harmony working only to better themselves. (Had a big laugh at a comment in a ST:TNG novel (Ship of the line) in which a character from the era of Kirk asks Riker something along the line: "who exactly do you think you're better then?") This also resulted in Roddenberry being p*$$3d when they made ST:II because he felt that movie was too dark and military. (Also, because it was wrong to kill one of your characters.)

This attitude of Roddenberry is of course clearly visible in TNG which is basically character-dead and suffered way too much from this utopian vision. Also, the novelization from ST:TMP is a clear example of this. So now saying that deviating from Roddenberry's vision caused the downfall of Trek....

Two: these comments do sound a bit too much like what Frakes: Trek has died because all those other shows are just rip-offs from TNG and not even close as good. Truth be told, with the very notable exception of Voyager, all post TNG shows pwned. DS-9 turned out to be the best trek show ever (after season 3 :tftongue) and Enterprise also kicked some serious butt.

'Kay, back on topic. Personally, I despise these kind of crossovers. Hate the look of the SW formers and would hate to see it being done to ST. I'd much rather see Art Asylum making some more of those starship replicas than seeing time, effort and money spend on designing TF's from ST ships.

Well aparently according to ST:II they decided to make the Uniforms look more sophisticated because the Director bitched about it looking like "Doctors dentons" which I agree, the TMP Uniforms are the worst designs of trek uniforms I have ever seen, and definately needed to be fixed pronto. ST:II had much better uniforms and of course more visible "Ranks" on their uniforms than before. True, Trek might have a bit more militarized, but that was one of the ways to make it better and attract more viewers in my opinion.

My most favorite series is indeed DS9 which Pwned at the Dominion war era, Voyager and Enterprise were also some really good shows as well (Especially Voyager). Enterprise was as well a awesome show, but I hated the finale of the show since they killed off Trip. TNG is another one of my favorites, but it was a bit "cheesy" at the beginning of the series. The beginning uniforms in TNG looked sort of bad, and had to be lightned up a bit. I wouldn't consider any Trek series to be any "rip-off" at all since all of them were very sucessful, for movies First Contact was the best movie of all and Nemesis was 2nd best (In my opinion).

For Trek ships being Transformers, I think it's a brilliant idea. This Idea has never been brought up except for now, and if Paramount are willing to make a small deal with Hasbro, then they could make some really good kick-ass Star Trek Transformers (unlike the Star Wars ones). Art Asylum has done a very Impressive job doing many of the ships and figures from Enterprise, TOS, and the beginning of the TNG AA figures and ships. Art Asylum does not have the abilities to make Transformer toys like Hasbro does. If Paramount wants to do so in getting Hasbro in making Trek Transformers, I'd say go for it. :thumb

To be perfectly honest, and this will probably really tick off the hard core Trek fans, but Trek improved after Next Gen finished and after Roddenberry died.  DS9 showed that the Federation wasn't perfect and had it's flaws, it showed that not everyone is all for the "Let's hold hands and be the same" ideal and it showed that even the most moral of characters can be dangerous, just like in real life.  Voyager showed a more interesting view, until Seven of Nine came in and took over the show completely with her chest, of what a Federation crew would do without backup and allies to turn to when the going gets tough.

Enterprise showed a very naive human race taking it's first baby steps into the universe and basically making messes and mistakes before finally understanding that they weren't the most important race in the universe.  Plus Kirk's death was a highlight for Star Trek, no more toupee with a mind of it's own, no more of that chin taking up screen space, just dark, dirty Trek that showed that not even the most famous ship in the Federation was free of being almost destroyed, and was destroyed, by simple mistakes.

Plus the characters are more interesting, well all but Seven of Nine who could make a rock seem like a good story piece.  Sisko was beautifully written, his acceptence of who he was, his choices in the war, his mistakes and his efforts to be a good father.  Janeway wasn't actually all that bad, she was never given much of a story though.  Archer was also very good and well written.  Trek finally grew up and a lot of the fans complained!  Trek would have been boring if it had kept up it's Original and Next Gen ideals, it's good that it finally grew up.

-Chuckles

There is at least one fake duo-con like Transformer from Startrek.  IT was made up of red white and blue colored plastic and formed from the merge of a Klingon Cruzer and a ship like the Reliant.  I have it in storage somewhere, was rather nice actually.  Always wanted to paint them up right. 

I'll have to see if I can find the picts of them.

There have been many fan art and customs made.  I made 3 my self, 2 Bird of Prey Megatrons and one Optimus Star ship. 

The idea behind my fan fic was to launch the Prime vs Megatron battle into the Star Trek universe.  Basic idea was Megatron was found and revived, rebuilt as a Klingon BOP, with shields, cloak, transporter and lots of fire power started killing across the galaxy.  Of course it was only Prime, redone as a Voyager class star ship that could stop him. 

Used HERO prime and megs as the basis for the customs.  And made a smaller BOP Megatron out of a BW Air Razor which came out very good.

I'd say if they wanted to make a Klingon small BOP toy, they use the BW NEO dino bird, wings fold up across its chest and back, kinda looks like Worf's sash thing.  Probably be better as Starscream.  Leaving Megatron for a War Bird. 

At any rate, Optimus had the bottom of the ship as his legs, deflector dish in knees (upside down grill of the truck).  Arms had the warp engines mounted, and the saucer section was detatchable.  Megatron had the front section of the Bird of Prey mounted to his tank gun, so in robot mode it sat on his shoulder.  Wings attached to the side, and re attached to his back in robot mode.  Even had a voice box from a talking GiJoe figure that fit on the top. 

The Star Trek factor.  Ok I was not going to get into the debate about Star Trek and stay on topic of the toy idea, but then I have something more to say about both.

First off, I would not want to see a Klingon Christopher Lloyd figure, or a Montobon Reliant action figure with rapid fire abs.  I would rather see a TF character used as the machine.  I rather dislike the SW characters being used for the SW ships, and only bought a couple to make more customs.

Second, I also watched that "How WS and StarTrek changed the world" show, and I must say that I think Trek got BETTER after GR died.  Its a shame that it could not stay this sort of ideal society in space, but what came later was evolving, not to mention interesting. 

I also find it odd that so many think that it killed Rod's dream after he died, when they have been running his other 2 sci fi shows, Andromeda, which was a lot like Voyager, darker even since the society in that series had crumbled and we were left with one guy holding up the old traditions...and the other series in more modern times where aliens took over the world.  Along these series lines, I think the later Trek shows kept pace with where Gene might have gone. 

Archived