Another question about TF:TM

Devil Mazinkaiser

I kinda like the idea that Unicron was just some massive douche flying through space.

Not everyone and Everything has to be connected. It is possible that there are other races/creatures that are larger than Transformers....

yeah but the idea of multiple transforming robot civilizations = lame IMO; it reduces the uniqueness of the TFs.

although I have to say that Unicron transforming, while cool to watch, was really kind of odd, since he was already able to completely PWN Cybertron by staying in ball mode.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except there's only one matrix.

You know, considering Unicron was built by a big monkey, I'm surprised there was a "destined to light our darkest hour" bit. Course the monkey came after the movie script was done and dusted.

that monkey was the dumbest idea ever. you'd have thought that they could have written the story to have the Quintessons build Unicron after they get kicked off of Cybertron, to take uber revenge on the Transformers and stuff...... at least it would have made some kind of sense.

I was expecting something grander, likehe was made by someone as a war machine, and the matix was created to stop him, but no one had the right energy signature to open it. Nope, Unicron was made by a monkey man, and the matrix opens for any "darkest hour" scenario.

That was one instance for sure where the comics' origin of Unicron majorly pwned the Cartoon's origin.  Of course if you want to get technical, how do we know the stranger who explained that was telling the truth?  WOuldn't it be a neat twist of fate if for some reason he had to lie to the primitives, and that wasn't the real origin?

Maybe, but there's no twist. Primacron, or what ever his nae is, made Unicroan. Unicron wasn't the type to take orders, fecked off and started eating planets...

Damn you hasbro and your damn screwed up season 3. It makes no god damn sense

I kinda like the idea that Unicron was just some massive douche flying through space.

Not everyone and Everything has to be connected. It is possible that there are other races/creatures that are larger than Transformers....

:pfx

The universe is big, as is Unicron. Though I still like the Unicron/Primus sibling thing... maybe they're just distant cousins or something? :tflaugh

Ending G1 with TF:TM = a lot less angst / headaches

no kidding, it would have been the best most appropriate ending to a cartoon series ever.

:bizz that

However, even though we had Season 3, it had a decent ending in The Return of Optimus Prime too... and then they went and did Rebirth which just re-f'd everything and ended it then...

no kidding, it would have been the best most appropriate ending to a cartoon series ever.

However, even though we had Season 3, it had a decent ending in The Return of Optimus Prime too... and then they went and did Rebirth which just re-f'd everything and ended it then...

I believe the exact opposite. Dark Awakening was awesome, TRoOP sucked balls, and Rebirth redeemed post-TF:TM G1 by completing the story arc set out in MTMTE.

I believe the exact opposite. Dark Awakening was awesome, TRoOP sucked balls, and Rebirth redeemed post-TF:TM G1 by completing the story arc set out in MTMTE.

Compared to Dark Awakening, yeah, TRoOP sucks, but as much of a cop-out that TRoOP was, next to the TF: Movie, it had a finished feel to it, that that was it and there wasn't anymore.  Rebirth, although it can be considered to have an ending to the series with the next golden age, just sucked complete @$$ all the way through.

Archived