Another question about TF:TM

Devil Mazinkaiser

Okay - here is one for all of the 'mythos' experts out there that's always bothered me.

Understanding that Unicron represents evil, and Primus is his counter-balance of good... why does the matrix (the essence of Primus) cause Unicron to explode?

Wouldn't the 'equal but opposite' force of the matrix just make things balanced? I mean, why is the matrix strong enough to destroy Unicron with the released energy, but Primus is supposed to be Unicron's equal?

*head hurts*    :tfhuh

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, so it's the spark of the Autobot ancients that actually defeats him then.

Not really, no, as the Matrix destorys Unicron twice in the comics, and it's very much primus there.

In reality, it was probably not explained, even to teh writers. The Matrix was still mystical back then, no one knew what it was, they said it would light their darkest hour and it did.

But just making stuff up, I'd say it was because Primus and Unicron cancelled each other out, and it was an explosive reaction.

Ah, so it's the spark of the Autobot ancients that actually defeats him then.

Not really, no, as the Matrix destorys Unicron twice in the comics, and it's very much primus there.

In reality, it was probably not explained, even to teh writers. The Matrix was still mystical back then, no one knew what it was, they said it would light their darkest hour and it did.

But just making stuff up, I'd say it was because Primus and Unicron cancelled each other out, and it was an explosive reaction.

Mazin does have a good point though. "cancelling each other out" would have resulted in the destruction of both Unicron and the Matrix (at least, right?). But clearly in the movie the intent is that the Matrix is PWNing Unicron with its mighty power.

Kind of like the time in the Tatakai PS2 game when Optimus Prime AND Rodimus Prime open their respective matrixes at the same time to stop a cataclysmic world shattering explosion.... it just kinda happened, with no explanation.

*time paradox'd*

matrix.gif

(Thanks Dragon!)

Except there's only one matrix.

You know, considering Unicron was built by a big monkey, I'm surprised there was a "destined to light our darkest hour" bit. Course the monkey came after the movie script was done and dusted.

that monkey was the dumbest idea ever. you'd have thought that they could have written the story to have the Quintessons build Unicron after they get kicked off of Cybertron, to take uber revenge on the Transformers and stuff...... at least it would have made some kind of sense.

That was one instance for sure where the comics' origin of Unicron majorly pwned the Cartoon's origin.  Of course if you want to get technical, how do we know the stranger who explained that was telling the truth?  WOuldn't it be a neat twist of fate if for some reason he had to lie to the primitives, and that wasn't the real origin?

I kinda like the idea that Unicron was just some massive douche flying through space.

Not everyone and Everything has to be connected. It is possible that there are other races/creatures that are larger than Transformers....

Archived