Galaxy Force Omega Prime

DracoJesi

well nothing at the moment but if I had one I might make some concept sketches.

Loki seems to pretty much figured it out, so a couple pics would be nice,  I think it would help the design process, you knoe concept art?

When I find the time hopefully within the week are post something. Not the greatest artist mind you but I can do three dimensional :thumb

Personally I think Ultra Magnus unlike all the recent Prime repaints should be of an entirely different design/transformation scheme. Yes this is the Cybertron line but the concept is entirely Rid. Though not the best designed combination mode Rid at least set out to give Prime and Magnus an altogether different look which is unfortunately something that hasn't been attempted since because of the lame DW continuity. As said  both Prime and Magnus should be compatible be recognizable as in the same and be entirely seperate/different entities on there own.

It's because of this thinking that I'm stuck with how UM should look and transform apart from Prime. There are only so many ways a truck can be manipulated into a robot and I'm running out of ideas.

I like the CDRA transformation for his legs but then I have no idea what to do with this half truck left without having him covered in kibble. Rar. Another idea I was playing with was upscailing a transformation similar to that of Scout Armorhide though with more articulation and less blocky. Also as said in my first post UM has to be able to be split right down the middle to serve as Omega Primes boots. Should be simple enough and shouldn't hurt articulation in the arms, legs, and head but waist rotation isn't happening. Reguarding UM's head the last thing I want is another bot mold who's head splits in two. Energon Wingsaber anyone? The head I expect will have to either come up from one side or come up as a normal TF but have the whole fixture mounted to one side and just have it encased independantly from the other side. Simple enough though at this point drawing will definitely help.

somewhere we're going to have to copy a current tf.We can do a cross between E. Wing Saber and CD Redalert.This will require major kit-bashing which I do not have the skills to do.

well I dont think it should be a kitbash at all, and the waste could have a locking mechanism for boot mode :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

Similar I guess to what I had planned for his head. Waist rotation is nice but I don't think it's really needed and all it will do is complicate things further. Besides Prime doesn't have waist rotation.

Also thought of something else. Just as with Prime UM needs a combined mode as well. Basicaly a backpack similar to Primes. A couple of ideas I had for this mode include a rotation plate on the backpack so the missils(later gus can be positioned under the arms opposed to over the head in Omega Prime mode as well as having each missil open up with removable long barreled guns that would later serve as handguns similar to Primes. The rest of the enclosed canon would be cool as dual long range chain guns.

Now to really complicate this. As from the beginning the sides of the removable trailer(now also serving as Ums backpack) housed his Omega Primes arms in the rear section. Instead of having them as pointless kibble have the folded arm remain together, fold out to either side and on the plates where the elbo joints meet. (Back of arms in alt mold) have it like CD Hotshot where one swings open to the top and one to the bottom to reveal rows of individually painted missils. (Detail only/they don't launch)

For a better idea think of Prime without the wings on the sides and rectangular missil batterys in place instead. :thumb

wow Loki, once again I think youve done it again, two things actualy

1, go completely over my head yet b sound so cool lol

i just thought thoug, Primes wings are going to seem very small cpompared to his body so um wing extensions from magnus?it could hide part of omega's arms if needed i dunno

no wing extensions.

:pfx

Once thearms are lowered and everything in it's plae the wings should be fine as is. Besides they stick out far enough as is. :thumb

^

In bot mode. G1 esqe would be nice. :thumb

Speaking of UM, I "think" I've now got it. Been a bich to figure out though. Alt mode as requested is now a semi. With trailer he'll have 12 wheels. The main truck will have 8. main Transformation is as follows.

fold the front wheels and fenders against the back wheels. This will now expose the main cab. From the side the cab will be devided in two halves Top and bottem. The top will later be UM's lower leg shields while the bottem is literally the side of UM's chest in alt mode. The only reason I decided to do this was so I wouldn't have to have the lower leg halves form a shell completely around his chest thus forcing me to thin it in bot mode. Legs aren't quite worked out but basically you pull the whole top half of the cab downwards and split in half. Knee joints shold be pretty close to the top of the leg guards. From there the front of the truck pulls out to form the feet. Arms are basically splitting the back of the truck in half, unfolding the two halves at the elbow that form the back swinging to the sides on a hinge with ratchet joint to allow for the always popular arm articulation. Hand emerge from hidden compartments in the forarm. As for that iratable arm kibble. Straighten arm and pull the whole fixture sleave like to lock in place on the forarms. Rotate on elbow to have wheels on the backside and to have hands rightside up. Pull open cavety on chest to flip up head. Done.

Not anywhere near the most elaborate scheme for a Transformer but seeing as this is Cybertron and not alts simplistic is best. :thumb

Now we just need somebody to draw this all out properly. I've been working on a handfull of sketches but there hardly polished.   

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived