AA Reviews Energon Prowl

Agent Adam

"You can run from Justice, but I'll catch you."

There's no doubt that a Forumula 1 race car as a Police vehicle is farfetched. But then again so are giant alien robots figthing over small alien robots and/or energy resources, so it's easily dealt with. It's also not the first time Prowl has had this alt mode, as Machine Wars Prowl was of a similar alternate mode.

Prowl is mostly blue, with some grey,silver, and a little gold thrown in. "Police" is painted on four times, two on what will become his arms, and 2 on his spoiler. There are also some Japanese characters on the side of his arms. I don't know what the translation is, so if someone does, please post it.

Transformation is simple, and is much like minicons Swindle. Detach the arms from the middle, pull the legs down, flip the bumper up, and pull the leg supports out. Fold the cockpit halves down, move the arms up so the tires become shoulders, twist the hands 45 degrees, and flip the fists out. Push the tail pipes back and position the head.

Robot mode good - from the front. His back is flat and actually looks pretty strange because of the way he powerlinks. I like the head sculpt a lot, it's not quite your normal TF head. Articulation is decent, but hindered mostly because of method of powerlinking.

Prowl as a shirt is just ok. He has what I call "monkey arms" (meaning they seem too long). They do however have a good range of motion. Unless he is powerlinked with himself, his arms just come out funny looking. (More on that in a bit.)

Prowl as pants is great. He has the tallest pants mode in a deluxe thus far. His legs have great posing possibilites. One thing I like in particular, is how his robot arms can become holsters. Most Energon guns that I tried there fit in the pegs hole. You can even swing the arms behind and have weapons carried on his back side. Nifty. I like to have Inferno as the shirt with Prowl. Their pl arms and feet are both thin, and look good combined.

As you can see in Remy's Prowl gallery, its possible to have an alternate PL shirt mode combining two Prowl's. The shirt goes on backwards, which allows you to use the tires and normal robot arms as shoulder pads. It limits the combined arm movement, but looks snazzy.

By itself, Prowl is a decent Transformer. His articulation is hindered by his PL mode, but the PL mode itself is worth it, if you like the combining aspect of Energon. If you have Inferno, I would highly recommend getting Prowl to combine with.

Remy's Prowl gallery: http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act192/

Archived