Discussing the Vipers the other day...

Raider Magnus

DSCF1810.jpg

I know a lot of people alter the transformation of the arms between SideSwipe and SunStreaker just like mine above- I think it makes a nice subtle difference.

I decided to fool with Dead End and came up with that configuration for the legs. I added a paint ap to them to keep them from being too plain, but I like the result. Just a little varaition to keep him from looking completely a straight repaint.

What'dya think?

Y'know, it's funny, because I originally put Dead End's and Sideswipe's shoulders/doors/whatver like that, thinking it was the "proper" way.  Then I got Sunstreaker, and I was like: "The Hell?..."

So I leave Sideswipe the way he's supposed to be, Sunstreaker with the wings higher up, and Dead End with the wheels behind the shoulders.

I don't do anything with the legs, though.

Quite like what you did with Sunstreaker, but Dead End's legs must really make him quite bricklike? Not bad by any means. Certainly original! :D

Well It removed the knee movement for Dead End but as none of the Vipers are particularly good as being posed in that way, it's a moot point. Still has the same hip and side to side motion as the normal leg configuration.

Since mine mostly stand around, it works fine for me, and like I said, it's a decent visual difference.

I'd be even happier if someone made customer replacement heads. Then I'd swap his out in a second.

Dead End looks like he's about to puke. I just give all mine the Sideswipe transformation. *the only one that looks good all the time IMO*

LOL, yeah.... Hadn't noticed but I did have Dead End in an awkward position there. Maybe he got a little too much sour energon.

I have my DE that way, too.  There's not much you can do unless you mod the legs somehow.  With them twisted outward he looks awkward no matter how you pose him pretty much.  Oh, and DE also has a spare Grimlock head from which I will be dremeling off the horns and painting the visor once I get the motivation. :thumb  My Swipe has the trunk chest mod, and I modded Streaker's doors so that they can fold back with the wheels facing forward in bot mode.  Credit to whoever I stole that idea from a few weeks ago. ;)  I'd just take a pic but I have no digicam :redface

Err..how do you get Sunstreakers arms like that? I actually tried this awhile back, but they didn't want to move in that fashion...and I didn't want to press for fear of breaking.

Archived