KRONOFORM!!

Backfire

I touched the surface on the Mircoman transforming watch series in the could have been TF post.  SO here's a better look at the cool Kronoform watches.

So cool, they got their own series in the states.  Out in the early TF years, if not just before, the Kronoform watches were a hot item. 

A majority of them used chrome parts, to make them look like real metal watches, and were working time pieces.  Some could transform into robots, just into vehicles...some of these were more complicated than others.  Still others were even TRIPPLE changers, and a couple included working AM radio's. 

Attached is a collection of the different watches, straight out of the catalogs, and the cool art they show Kronform fighting along side the Cassettes. 

I got a little lazy, and Borrowed this list from here :

http://1500bc.com/pretf/kronoform.html

Check it out, they have the original KRONOFORM commercial you can watch!

name /transformation 

SCORPIA / scorpion Pretty cool robot scorpion, was re-released as a transformer I believe in the G2 line.  Used the Standard Watch band.

AUTO KRON I / Lamborgini Countach, little car with spring engine, had its own watch band, did not transform, just click it on or take it off the band. 

AUTO KRON II / small Penny-Racer like car, same as above, just different car. 

X-KALIBOR / gun, complete with tripod, scope and trigger, came with little pellets that can be FIRED from the gun's spring action.   Also has a flash light attachment for the silencer.  Used its own Watch band, could be transformed with or with out the silencer and scope.  Gun was all die cast, and probably the only one that was.

ROBOT TIME MACHINE (Microman MC-06) / robot.  There are many knockoff's and remakes if this basic robot watch.  Gold and Silver were the first 2 versions, each had a different head.  Used the standard watch band, other colors spotted, black, blue, red, white, gray. 

INVICEPTOR / F-15 jet Transformed from watch to jet and used its own unique watch band.  Could use its built in landing gear or a stand.  Would have been great if they gave it the robot feature some how. 

ROBOT RADIO TIME MACHINE / robot, with working radio inside! Interesting little robot guy, had a bit more poseability than the usual time robot.  Could work with a ear piece and tune in your favorite (yea right) AM radio station.  Used the standard watch band.

HI-BAND BLASTER / Hi-fi set, with also a working radio.  Could use the little tinny speakers, or the ear piece to tune in that AM radio station or religious nuts, or oldies.   Used its own unique watch band.

KALTOR / robot with working calculator, another chrome robot with lots of buttons.  Used its own unique band, with not only working time piece but calculator so you can tally up how much you spent on TF's and replacement watch batteries...$200?!?!?!?! 

DECEPTOR / robot / jet, the first tripple changer.  Deceptor was a weird looking guy, always interested in flight time...just kidding.  Decent toy, fat little robot though.  There was a C-64 transforming robot game called Deceptor, but no relation to this guy (transformed from jet, to hover car, and then to robot, pretty cool really).  Used the standard watch band.

AUTOCEPTOR / robot / car, the other tripple changer.  This guy is pretty cool, one of my favorites.  Problem finding him is his arms are fragile and usually missing in action. There is a gray micromaster car about his size, I think he kicks the MM's tail pipe and can time how long it takes!  Used the standard watch band.

The cool thing with this "standard watch band" means that each toy that used it, can be swapped.  So a person could be wearing one band, and clip on any of the toys which used that same band. 

There are MANY fakes of these and remakes floating about.  Some are total knock off's, and some are weird retools, even total remakes based on early Krono designs. 

Most noteworthy fake Kronoforms out there were "Two Time"  a knockoff of the original Kronoform robot/watch which had 2 faces on his head for some odd reason.  And there was another time warrior which had elbow joints and transformed a bit differently than the standard Kronoform robot. 

There are even a few knockoff's of the car/watch, totally different cars that clip on watch bands.  I have a Camaro in gray, 80's style somewhere.  Not to be confussed with the classic Dukes Of Hazzard wind up writs band racers. 

on a personal note, I do have most of these in my collection.  Missing I think Calculator, and the boom box.  They were produced in Microman, Kronoform, TraSformer, some TF's G1 and 2, as well as a number of fakes.  If you can find a knockoff and use the working band do so.  Consider it a replacement part. 

They are out there, maybe hidden away in bits and pieces, but if you look around your bound to find some, with out paying $$$ for a minty fresh Microman one.

awsome info man. kronoform alsways gets makes my list for starting collectors since they can tend to be under $30 and also add to ones pre-tf/early tf history. Also, Go-Bots borrowed a few of these molds for their line

Thanks, that reminds me...

Gobots and even VOLTRON had their own spin on the time warriors.  Tic and tock the renegade and guardian transforming watches, and the voltron watch.  Each clipped on to a band, and would fold up their legs to form a square around the robot body.  Not nearly as elaborate as the MicroChange toys.

I also forgot to mention the Mail order special, Time Warrior Watch the autobot symbol that when you press its mouth opened up to show the time display. 

There were also the G2 TF chatacter watches, with spring up action.  Magnus and Galvatron among others.  I have Galvie, and was not too thrilled with it. 

I believe it was either Takara or Bandia that came out with a high end transforming / Tamagatchi like robot watch.  I have one somewhere, but the instructions are in Japanese so I have no idea how it works.  Its made of metal, that turns into a crude robot.  Face is actually 2 circles on the underside of the watch face cover.  I believe the watch had a built in game, kinda like the Takagatchi monster, where if you do not play with it, the computer robot dies in the game. 

Anyothers out there???  I'd like to see. 

There was also a superion watch I believe.

damn right there was, lol:

http://www.transformersontheshelf.com/Othe...ffG2SWatch.html

the back shows Galvatron, Superion, Ultra Magnus, Autobot, and Scorpia. These watches seem to be semi-rare/rare from what i have seen.

Archived