What did you bash before Transformers?

plowking

I recently got my house redone, and in the act of moving stuff around, I came across these. I built these back in 1999, and I was kinda going for the "End of the World/Mad Max" feel. Hope you all enjoy.

This was the first one I made like this, right below is the counterpart to this one

Actually I began bashing TFs. Now I'm bashing a bike for Snake Eyes, adding weapons and painting and rebuilding. The bike is from a cheap set of chinese toys that I bought because of the weapons. Now it looks like it was made for Snake Eyes. If anyone is interested I can post pics.

Those cars are very cool, Plowking.  :clap

PK, there totally ROCK man!  I really dig these!  Nice work!  I'd love to see more!

I've often wondered what it would be like to have a gritty, junky TF like in a war-torn, apocolypic future like Mad Max or T2. 

Anyways, in terms of customs, Hot Pursuit was my first custom anything ever.  I have an extensive background in art having my bachelor's degree in studio art and 1.5 yrs of undergrad study in graphic design.  One of the main reasons for getting into customs is that 3-D design has always been my weaker area.  I thought custom TFs would be a nice way to improve in the 3-D area.  :D

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately those are the only two left. There was a new VW Beetle done up in the same manner, but it is long gone. I checked out your work too thru your sig. Man that group of seekers you have created are awesome. Is that orange and white one Sunstorm?

Everyone else that has a chance...check out Supersquad's Seekers...Sweet!

I painted match box cars, and star wars figures. 

First actual bash was probably Scarlet from GiJoe.  It always annoyed me that she had the pony tail in the show, and short hair on the figure.  So I used Elmers glue and layered it on her back, shaped it like a pony tail, painted it red and fooled the neighborhood kids. 

My Mom has my first robot toy I made.  I was in first or second grade, and on the play ground.  Found a butterfly nut or something similar, some screws and some paper.  Rolled the paper up to make a body, used some kinda straw for arms, and stuck on the nut for his head, and bolts for his hands.  The teacher apparently took it away from me and called my Mom in for a conference.  I got in trouble for goofing with the robot in class, and she wanted me disiplined or what ever...my Mom LOVED the robot, and was totally amazed I made such a cleaver little thing out of junk...

She still has it in a drawer somewhere. 

I used to paint all sorts of figures from X-Men-Batman & Robin figures into my own characters. Unfortunately my little brothers and my son destroyed them all by playing with them. I may have a pic around somewhere of a group shot I had taken of all of them but I doubt that I can find it.

Archived