** Bad eBay Stories/Sellers **

Bizzmoff

I've been fortunate as to have never had a problem buying on ebay. Selling's another story. Communication is key to a great transaction. If you're emailing and getting no response, don't bid. Go through the feedback forum and read all the negatives and neutrals as well. I generally don't bid if its less than 98.9%. If possible, try to bid on auctions that accept PayPal. It adds extra buyer protection, provided certain guidelines are met!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only screwjob was a guy who sold me a MISB Broadside Gen.1 and said it was MISB....When I got the toy - it was obviously opened and I contacted the seller and not only did he blast me, he also left me a negative feedback :( I will never ever buy from him again (Cough - plastic dreams, cough)

My only screwjob was a guy who sold me a MISB Broadside Gen.1 and said it was MISB....When I got the toy - it was obviously opened and I contacted the seller and not only did he blast me, he also left me a negative feedback :( I will never ever buy from him again (Cough - plastic dreams, cough)

Dont get me started on Plastic Dreams. Mr Valensky took me for $430 dollars back in 1998. I don't have proof of that but it IS true.

If he was the last toy seller on the planet, I'd advise everyone to find a new hobby.

I've purchased a PVC battle damaged Optimus Prime from a guy in the US (me being in Australia). He said it shipped but it never arrived. Two months later he decided it must have got lost and said he would ship another one. I never heard from him after that and never received the product. I have since left negative feedback and still not heard from him!

On another occasion I won some stickers from a seller and never recieved them. I tried to get his contact details from e-bay and only then did he respond, saying he would send another set. Once again I have not heard from him since, nor received any replacements. I am going to leave negative feedback soon if I don't get contact.

It's not Transformers, but the time that p*ssed me off the most was when I bought a loose mint 100% complete GI Joe Spirit, only to ge a sun-faded and incomplete one, and when I went back to check on it, the seller swapped out the pictures to shoe the one that I did not bid on. I left him a neg, and he left me a retaliatory neg for something that wasn't my fault. Ebay refused to do anything about it, to no surprise.

This is by far not that bad compared to some of the other horror evil bay stories. But here goes nothing. About 4 months ago I found this "complete" Armada Unicron & Starscream for $40 including s/h on ebay. He said that each figure was used for display purpose onlyand included their accessories. I thought this deal was too good to be true. I bought it anyway. Starscream was missing both missiles and his mini-con swindle & Unicron was missing like six of missles plus you tell that they had been played w/ a lot. I e-mailed him asking what was up, be he never responded. I still feel I got a pretty good deal for the price I paid, I just wish he would have been upfront w/ me. If he would have listed the missing items, I probably would have still bought it.

Before they released the Nemesis convoy in armada, I bid on a custom bendy prime that was painted like scourge. The auction went for 20 bucks with 5 for shipping. I paid through western union, not able to use paypal at the time, and waited. One month passed and no item, so i contacted the seller and he said that it had come back to him undeliverable and he would send it out again. Another month passed and nothing arrived, so I contacted the seller again and he said that he would send out another one. Another month passed and nothing had arrived, having already filled a complaint with ebay, the seller had led me on until three months had passed and I was no longer to leave negative feedback. So never recieved the item, never got to leave negative feedback and this guy walked away with 25 bucks of mine.

ive only even bid on e-bay once on MP-1 Convoy i asked him to tell me when he sent it form hong kong he never e-mailed me back but 5 days later it came

i only did on ppl who are power sellers and have 99% good feedback but ive ehrd of ppl who have been ripped off

Archived