Toys and childhood

Tripredacus

So I was just trying to think of the first TF I had that I still have. It was really hard for me to think of it. Because of all of the toys that I had lost, broken on accident or destroyed on purpose.

So my question to you is, BEFORE you became an active collector (or even if you never were) what toys did you lose, break on accident or break on purpose?

Here is my list. Prepare to cry. They are all G1 toys.

Lost

Scavenger

Tailspin

Submarauder

Kickback

Thrust

Long Haul

Overkill

Broke

Motormaster (still have ... this actually happened about 5 years ago when I stepped on him)

Cliffjumper

Beachcomber

Warpath (still have)

G2 Hubcap

Vortex

Flamefeather

Destroyed

Ultra Magnus

Top Spin

Octane

Huffer

G2 Beachcomber (still have)

Powermaster Optimus Prime (still have trailer and accs not Hi-Q)

I still have some accessories to the ones listed above.

And these which were "purchased" from the "Transformers Black Market"

Shockwave

Jetfire

Onslaught

meaning.... they were stolen goods that I had paid/traded for when I was a kid and still happen to have.

There are countless others that I cannot recall, and the things I also broke on purpose back in High School totalled well over 300 toys including TMNT, GIJoe, He-Man, you name it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only lost one G2 jet that's name escapes me.

As for broken....

Powermaster Prime

Wingspan

Guzzle

Actionmaster Prime

G2 Gobot

Most of the other G1 bots I have I would call damaged, but not quite broke. The only destroyed thing I can think of was a decoy.

That I can remember:

Broke

Grimlock - "ambushed" and fell of a cliff (second story window). He's in pieces but still almost all there.

Bumblebee - ripped off his head for Circuit Breaker base I'd built.

Gears - His leg fell off.

Trailbreaker - friend broke his chest. Still have him with Hoist's chest in it's place.

Ramjet - dunno how he broke, but he's snapped in two.

Ravage - remained unsctahed until last year. Something corroded his legs, no idea what though.

Prowl - was given broken. Snapped his feet trying to fix him.

Gunnrunner - Pretender windscreen was snapped in half I think.

Hot Rod - usual roof problem.

Ultra Magnus - lost parts and broken feet.

Actionmaster Soundwave - leg elasatic snapped.

Actionmaster Shockwave - gun arm snapped.

Destroyed

Smokescreen - roof snapped , so ripped off his head for Circuit Breaker base and took his body apart for same base.

Optimus - his leg snapped, so head again and used the legs to combine with Sludge to make my own robot (which I still have).

Sludge - given by a friend 'cos his dino head had been snapped and lost, head went to Circuit Breaker.

Shockwave - I had the Astro Magnum version, his laser hand snapped, his joints became loose, I took him apart to fix him but he was never assembled properly again. :(

Megatron - someone stole my Powerglide and sold it on so couldn't give it back. I took his broken Megatron as compenastion and tried to fix it.

The arm kept braking so I eventually took him apart and used his parts for other stuff.

Lost

Red Bumblebee

Yellow Bumblebee

Seaspray I think

Stolen

Soundwave

Rumble

Powerglide

I used to have Predaking, Computron, starscream, and PM optimus, as well as metroplex, some micromasters, and a seacon.

I don't know what happened to them.

I had complete:

Devastator

Menasor

Superion

Bruticus

Predaking (missing Rampage)

Computron

Abominus

Defensor

Metroplex

Omega Supreme

Optimus Prime

Tracks, Hoist, Grapple, Smokescreen

Grimlock, Swoop, Snarl

Prowl, Bluestreak (Blue Diaclone version), Jazz

Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Ravage

Skullcruncher

Other G1 toys I can't remember. I shared the collection with my two younger brothers. We outgrew them when the season 3 came to an end and they were passed down to our younger cousins. Never got into G2 and never heard of them until I started collecting 2 years ago starting with a few RID figures. I passed over Beast Wars and Beast Machines. I got a few Beast Wars after watching the DVDs. Beast Wars was actually pretty good.

What I can remember

Damaged/broken

G1

- Gears: one of his aft wheels broke (gave him away)

- Twin Twist: the little peg holding him in altmode

- Prowl: fell backwards once really hard snapping his roof. Subsequently experimented on and broke the aft windows; one of his missiles broke when I shot them away with a toy crossbow (in flight, I might add). Prowl was repaired using parts from a cheap mexican Smokescreen.

- Tracks: one of legs mechanism gave away, meaning he couldn't transform that one.

- Mirage: both his feet/spoiler broke (really sad about that)

- Jetfire: some connector parts from his armor. Glued them together and they still hold.

- Snarl: the pin that held the parts of his dino head together and both the connectors for his lower hind legs.

- Shackwave (fake): legs -- took him apart and bought another one.

- Shrapnell: guess what very thin and fragile chrome part snapped.

- Thrust: his longer arm weapons

- Blitzwing: both his hands broke and one his legs became lame.

- Soundwave: cassette door connector broke

- Buzzsaw: his neck snapped.

- Megatron: uh, like...everything. Arm/head transformation was really tight meaning I had to push either the arms or pull the head backwards. The result I first snapped his neck and later both arms. Glued him shut in robot mode and played really rough with him (both Shockwave & Starscream de-throned him almost daily causing him to fall from their base more than a meter above ground) resulting in breaking the chest-hip connection. In the end also the legs transformation failed and I needed to glue that one as well.

- Prime has some trouble standing because his hips have worn away from transforming him.

- Brawl: transforming him recently the plastic had apparently become brittle and two little pieces of plastic flaked away.

- Onslaught: same thing

(17...out of 129 G1 figs...not a bad score, and most of these were some of my earliest TF's)

Cybertron: Had a kitbash idea for Overhaul but it went wrong and now he's a useless pile of parts. (no great loss...or change for that matter :tfevil)

Gave away

- Bumblebee (twice, for some reason I had bought another -- both had snapped tires)

- Cosmos (come on...)

Lost:

- KO Autobot micromaster Battle Patrol (should still have them, but just can't find them anymore)

- the remains of my G1 Smokescreen (same thing)

Some Of My G1 Transfromers Are Gone, I Really Cant Remember

Alot Of My BW Toys Are Missing Arms And Legs :wtf (Don't Know Why)

And The Grand-Daddy Of All Lost Toys Is.............

Fortress Maximus

My Mom Trew Him Out One Day :tfsad

I Have No Idea How But She Did :grr

I Still Have The Foam + Box At Her House :thumb

CJ

:tfdance

I never broke any of my TFs as a kid. In fact, I hated kids who broke their toys - and more importantly - MY toys...

One of my first Transformers to get broken was Bluestreak, who got sat on by my cousin...

The only TF I've lost was Beachcomber, but I've long since replaced it.

I never broke any of my TFs as a kid. In fact, I hated kids who broke their toys

Why am I not surprised? :roll :P

No seriously, I find very surprising that you could play regularly and transform these toys without at least one wear related fault showing up.

I've posted this before elsewhere, but personally, I'm proud of the damage that didn't come from natural wear.

They're not broken toys, they're battle scarred warrriors.

Each scratch, snap, lost limb a trophy, a reminder of heroic acts, a fierce war no one else but my toys fought.

And unlike pristine, lifeless, untouched toys, you cannot put a price on that.

Oh, my toys have play-wear... worn out stickers, loose joints, scratches, scuffs etc., but most of them are unbroken. Those that are broken were broken by other kids.

e.g.: Kid next door snapped my Mirage in half.

One thing I like about the reissues is that I can replace G1 TFs that are either broken or just worn out from play.

Here, Thunderwing's a typical example of a lot of my G1 TFs. I've also attached a pic of an unworn Thunderwing for comparison. As you can see, my Thunderwing is well worn from play, but not broken.

thunderwing.jpgthunderwing3.jpg

Archived