If you are a Binaltech collector...

Constructicon

Yeah, Smokescreen and Bluestreak really demonstrate how well the Impreza mould should work. It's a shame that it had deteriorated through overuse by time they did Red alert. alert's colours are nice but they should've chosen a lesser used mould or create a new one (although BTA so far has only featured repaints/retools of existing BT moulds).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BT is awesome- they just feel great~ but the price is a killer, and they look pretty much the same to me in their action poses on the display shelf, so i get all the alt.s and only spring for the big difference variants-

overall this line is great, since it's accessible to someone who wants to collect transformers but can't really rock a huge collection. i jumped in right around the beginning, and have been able to hunt and surf my way to a nearly complete collection.

BT wise i only have yellow tracks, red meister, and blue prowl- and i have all the alts up to prime. i just can't justify spending 20-40 extra bucks of my budget on a toy that feels cooler when i play around here and there. if i had the loot to burn, i suppose it would be a different story.

i enjoy the color variants, and wish i could find at least alert and broadblast at decent prices- eventually, i guess. streaker looks pretty similar to the alt. to me- so i will probably pass on him.

i just got prime this week, and in robot mode im finding him pretty disappointing, maybe he has to grow on me- but then again, i considered MP prime and MP magnus a part of the line, and naturually compare this silly little guy to the 2 kick ass bots standing next to him. i mean, even size-wise MP prime makes sense standing with all the BT/alt. bots.

anyways- my vote is consider your budget and your actual play time- im not ashamed to watch my autobots point and laugh at the 5 decepticons and then play around a bit- but for the most part i enjoy them up on the shelf, looking bad-ass, where you can't really tell the difference anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

I too, have most of the Alts (sans Decepticharge and Swerve) and Yellow Tracks, Red Meister.  I'll get a BT if there is no Hasbro counterpart.

Seeing the BTs lately, I'm going to say the some of the more recent Alt counterparts are actually better.  Skids has a better color scheme, and the flames are likeable.  Sunstreaker's racing stripes make all the difference in the world, and has a better, darker shade of yellow.

Archived