TFans Feedback Forum

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we leave negative feedback for members who promise to purchase stuff and never follow through? I think that's just as bad a being a bad seller. Way too many of those around here, sellers should be aware of time wasters.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can we leave negative feedback for members who promise to purchase stuff and never follow through? I think that's just as bad a being a bad seller. Way too many of those around here, sellers should be aware of time wasters.

I was just going to ask this same question? Someone really needs to respond that knows something. I hate going through the motions to sell something to someone and then nothing happens short of a box on the floor waiting to be mailed out.

just logged in to add my opinion...

the first thing to remember is we are collectors not businessmen so communication & politeness are important - there are not really strict terms & conditions so talk to each other! i will ALWAYS give a deadline if i have when selling stuff to prevent any misunderstandings - i buy 2 different things to sell here:

1) bargains that are too good to pass up - if i see these then i know if nobody wants it from me (always at cost i might add) then i know i'll make more money on ebay - even though i'm too lazy to bother ergo the boxes of unopened transformers in my loft

2) stuff that i've gone out of my way to get for someone - i will make it clear when i need an answer by for example if i buy from toys-r-us & they have a 30 day money back policy then you have 30 days or back it goes - if i'm buying from a collector shop / convention / website then i want an answer BEFORE i go buy it - no flaking

communication is the key so say to [person x] "hey listen i need an answer by (insert date here) otherwise it's gone" & stick to that date - if you need an answer in a week & someone says "hey can you hold for a month?" then know what YOU (the seller) are prepared to put up with - if you need an answer then don't be scared to let people down

if you feel someone is intentionally messing you around & they don't give a reasonable explanation then post in their feedback thread (fyi guys if you want to leave feedback then find the person's thread or make them one in here: http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?showforum=55 as this thread is moribund) remember though NO flaming, NO personal remarks, NO spam, NO disputes, etc - leaving a comment such as "hoped to make a deal but buyer didn't follow through after 5 months of promises & is now ignoring my PM's - be aware & get a definite date before dealing with this member to avoid possible disappointment" would be fair & honest - saying "OMG WHAT A TUBE NEVER SELL TO THIS GUY HE SUCKS AND GIVES CONSTANT LAAAAAME EXCUSES!!!" may be how you feel but it is mostly opinion & very little (if anything) in the way of facts

give people the benefit of the doubt but be firm & stick to your rules of the trade (& theirs) - if you give some people an inch they take a mile so be straight with each other & if you can't come to a reasonable middle ground then hey hit ebay!

• 4 weeks later...

MegaP12im3 :thumb he took a leap of faith and shipped to me first due to not having feedback. he is trustworthy and a great guy to deal w/. zedzdead

• 4 months later...

Thanks to jeditaz for fast shipping on a great item just as described. A+

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived