:: Annoyed :: This time last year....

Raider Magnus

Personally I feel that the leader class figures are reasonably priced. Both are well worth the price. If I hadnt gotten the Galaxy Force version of Prime, I would've felt like I got an INSANELY kickass deal buying him at the US retail price. Of course, I already thought he was worth the $70 I paid for him.

The only Cyb. figure I waited for to go down in price was Supreme Starscream.

I WILL NOT be doing that with Primus - That f*cker is worth every cent of his $49.99 - even without the Unicron head.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i F*cked around and missed quite a few transformers waiting for them to go on sell....dont do it man

hmmm prime or megs?....id go with prime...but to each his own...oh wait i did...then i saved money and got megs...im not cheap im just broke...but i dont worry bout the prices...i just stare at them everytime i go into the store till i decide wich one i want....though it was not the case with prime...i grabbed him right away

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! Someone get this person a Kleenex . Those are Leader Class toys. They are not Megas or Deluxe or Voyager Class. They are bigger. I agree with the "Stop being a cheap bastard" comment. It's thinking like this that probably killed the reissue line. "I'll just wait for TRU to mark them down more." "But they're already marked half off." "Yeah, but they'll mark them down more and maybe then I'll buy them." :roll

Excuse the frak out of me for having an opinion and seeking that of other board members.

Some of us have to budget our more frivolous expenses.

You can keep your Kleenex and stuff it in your exhaust port.

OMG. No one said you can't have an opinion. Just don't expect everyone to sit around and agree with everything you say, especially when you're trying to convince people that shelf prices are too high. Give me a break. If they were too high, don't you think they would stop selling them for that much? Maybe what others said is right and you really are cheap. Maybe not. It doesn't really matter, either way. That's why it's called a HOBBY. Everyone has to fit it into their budget somehow. What makes you think you're any different? Getting mad, because stuff hasn't been marked down is kind of child-like. BTW, there are cheaper hobbies, ya know?

I don't expect everyone to agree with my view- that's why I asked what others thought about it, particularly in the which one should I get if only one. What offended me was a member of staff supposedly representing this site taking a berating and insulting tone with someone for no readily discernable reason.

I wasn't trying to convince anyone they were too expensive, I was just bemoaning I hadn't caught them on sale as I had been hoping for. I wasn't mad about it at all. Your unprofessional behaviour in that attack was the only thing in this thread that's actually made me angry.

And in that line of thinking, I'll drop this off-topic aside and get back to the subject in my next post.

1. My TRU still has E. Prime and megs two packs.

2. I miss the good ole days of RiD when Leaders were $20 at full price.  Even in Armada, Megatron was only $25.

My thinking exactly, Shadow. 25 bucks for Armada Megs/Galv looks a lot sweeter.

I did end up getting C Galvatron. Transfromed him to the three modes. I'm kind of 'eh' on him. He LOOKS impressive. Decent upper-body articulation. Keeping him standing is a bit problematic with those ankles, and I don't get why they made those shinguards so obtrusive in car/plane mode. Still overall I like him better than Energon Megs/Galv.

I put Optimus on layaway as another member suggested.

With those two, I think the only ones left I'll get from this line are Metroplex, Primus, Wing Saber, and if the repaint of Armourhide is Orange liek Huffer, I'll grab him for sure.

Sure I like Pipes... but um... isn't his colour scheme the same as the overall scheme that already exists for Armourhide?

I actually like the Huffer in AutobotMaximal's sig. Huffer was one of my first 5 TF's when I was a kid. I know they're doing a recolour of Armouride. I'm just hoping he's orange.

....watch them make him Black and call him Motormaster.

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! Someone get this person a Kleenex . Those are Leader Class toys. They are not Megas or Deluxe or Voyager Class. They are bigger. I agree with the "Stop being a cheap bastard" comment. It's thinking like this that probably killed the reissue line. "I'll just wait for TRU to mark them down more." "But they're already marked half off." "Yeah, but they'll mark them down more and maybe then I'll buy them." :roll

Excuse the frak out of me for having an opinion and seeking that of other board members.

Some of us have to budget our more frivolous expenses.

You can keep your Kleenex and stuff it in your exhaust port.

OMG. No one said you can't have an opinion. Just don't expect everyone to sit around and agree with everything you say, especially when you're trying to convince people that shelf prices are too high. Give me a break. If they were too high, don't you think they would stop selling them for that much? Maybe what others said is right and you really are cheap. Maybe not. It doesn't really matter, either way. That's why it's called a HOBBY. Everyone has to fit it into their budget somehow. What makes you think you're any different? Getting mad, because stuff hasn't been marked down is kind of child-like. BTW, there are cheaper hobbies, ya know?

I don't expect everyone to agree with my view- that's why I asked what others thought about it, particularly in the which one should I get if only one. What offended me was a member of staff supposedly representing this site taking a berating and insulting tone with someone for no readily discernable reason.

I wasn't trying to convince anyone they were too expensive, I was just bemoaning I hadn't caught them on sale as I had been hoping for. I wasn't mad about it at all. Your unprofessional behaviour in that attack was the only thing in this thread that's actually made me angry.

And in that line of thinking, I'll drop this off-topic aside and get back to the subject in my next post.

What? You don't think I should be able to have my own opinion? I guess I should just ask Wheel-Jack his opinion and post that as my own. No. I'll post my opinion as a member of this board, just like everyone else does. I don't get paid to moderate. I do enjoy keeping discussions going, but if you felt that you were attacked, then I think maybe you're a little ashamed about posting your opinion. I was attempting to make a point and I believe I did just that. Don't take it personal. I didn't. Just chill.

You know I don't know why you keep going back to some deranged notion of the suppression of opinions. No one's threatened anyone's rights to shout out.

'Waaaaah! Waaaaah! Someone get this person a Kleenex â„¢.' isn't voicing an oposing opinion, it's derisive commentary against the person with whose opinion you were disagreeing. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Whatever, like i said several posts back, moving on now.

Archived