:: Annoyed :: This time last year....

Raider Magnus

I just saw an Energon Galvatron at a K-B recently..... yeah

and stop being such a cheap bastard :tflaugh

But I don't WANNA pay $80 for both of them. I don't like them THAT much.

I'd drop $40 (or $45) for the pair though.

*sigh*

Part of me wants Prime, cause, well, he's prime and for a long time the fanboys were all salivating about how this Prime is the best thing ever. Part of me Wants to just grab Galvatron. (Why get Megs, if I can't get him discounted...)

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! Someone get this person a Kleenex . Those are Leader Class toys. They are not Megas or Deluxe or Voyager Class. They are bigger. I agree with the "Stop being a cheap bastard" comment. It's thinking like this that probably killed the reissue line. "I'll just wait for TRU to mark them down more." "But they're already marked half off." "Yeah, but they'll mark them down more and maybe then I'll buy them." :roll

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait until the Cybertron line has finished, and see if the stores mark them down then. Also, once the line has finished, you ought to see some more loose figures come up for sale at markets etc.

If you want the toys now, then fork out the dough, you cheap bastard! :P

The TRUs I saw the 2pack at had it at $44.97 not $40.

A/E/C are each 18 month toylines, this time last year is not analogous in terms of the toyline time frame. This time last year was over a year into Energon when a few new figures were trickling out and most stuff was getting clearanced. Right now is only about the half way point of Cybertron.

There may be a fair amount of the guys on shelves, but there's is not the huge overstock problem Energon had. Galvatron is shipping now so Megatron will probably get "rare" in a while.

Relating to that, a friend of mine worked at TRU uk. He is also a tf fan. Anyway, he was talking to the bosses. He was told, the reason why the uk and europe don't get many of the transformers, is that america not only buy in their stock, but they buy a huge chunk of stock of transformers toys that uk and euro peeps should be getting.

So the over stock "problem" is because alot of those toys were ment for us in the uk and not you in usa.

I hate greedyness....

The TRUs I saw the 2pack at had it at $44.97 not $40.

A/E/C are each 18 month toylines, this time last year is not analogous in terms of the toyline time frame. This time last year was over a year into Energon when a few new figures were trickling out and most stuff was getting clearanced. Right now is only about the half way point of Cybertron.

There may be a fair amount of the guys on shelves, but there's is not the huge overstock problem Energon had. Galvatron is shipping now so Megatron will probably get "rare" in a while.

Relating to that, a friend of mine worked at TRU uk. He is also a tf fan. Anyway, he was talking to the bosses. He was told, the reason why the uk and europe don't get many of the transformers, is that america not only buy in their stock, but they buy a huge chunk of stock of transformers toys that uk and euro peeps should be getting.

So the over stock "problem" is because alot of those toys were ment for us in the uk and not you in usa.

I hate greedyness....

Wow, these bosses don't sound like they know what they're talking about. That doesn't really make much sense.

Prime is a must own. Megatron (the mold) is a must own. I personally don't care all that much for Galvatron (due to the chrome that covers nearly his entire body and will chip most likely) but both are a worthy purchase and at the rate they sell...waiting for a markdown is fruitless. Hell, Megatron's completely gone from here. Just Prime and Galvys.

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! Someone get this person a Kleenex . Those are Leader Class toys. They are not Megas or Deluxe or Voyager Class. They are bigger. I agree with the "Stop being a cheap bastard" comment. It's thinking like this that probably killed the reissue line. "I'll just wait for TRU to mark them down more." "But they're already marked half off." "Yeah, but they'll mark them down more and maybe then I'll buy them." :roll

Excuse the frak out of me for having an opinion and seeking that of other board members.

Some of us have to budget our more frivolous expenses.

You can keep your Kleenex and stuff it in your exhaust port.

Excuse the frak out of me for having an opinion and seeking that of other board members.

OMG. No one said you can't have an opinion. Just don't expect everyone to sit around and agree with everything you say, especially when you're trying to convince people that shelf prices are too high. Give me a break. If they were too high, don't you think they would stop selling them for that much? Maybe what others said is right and you really are cheap. Maybe not. It doesn't really matter, either way. That's why it's called a HOBBY. Everyone has to fit it into their budget somehow. What makes you think you're any different? Getting mad, because stuff hasn't been marked down is kind of child-like. BTW, there are cheaper hobbies, ya know?

OMG. No one said you can't have an opinion. Just don't expect everyone to sit around and agree with everything you say, especially when you're trying to convince people that shelf prices are too high. Give me a break. If they were too high, don't you think they would stop selling them for that much? Maybe what others said is right and you really are cheap. Maybe not. It doesn't really matter, either way. That's why it's called a HOBBY. Everyone has to fit it into their budget somehow. What makes you think you're any different? Getting mad, because stuff hasn't been marked down is kind of child-like. BTW, there are cheaper hobbies, ya know?

Not "Cheap" but "Broke" may be more like it. Some days I wish I never moved out of Mom's house. I didn't have to worry about how much toys cost or CDs, movies, video games......Those were the days.

Not "Cheap" but "Broke" may be more like it. Some days I wish I never moved out of Mom's house. I didn't have to worry about how much toys cost or CDs, movies, video games......Those were the days.

Ok, but is who's fault is it if you can't afford the stuff you want to get FOR YOUR HOBBY? (Remember, this isn't food we're talking about) Is it Walmart's? Hasbro's? Toys R Us's? No. I just don't see the point in whining about this stuff.

The stuff can be expensive but I am willing to pay full price for a toy I do not have.

$40 for Prime is a fair price but Megatron is not really that good. If you can only afford one leader class toy, get Prime.

I occasionally wait for clearances sales for certain stuff. But sadly living in The Netherlands I need to pay full price for toys or risk not being able to get a LOT of them. It is just something I accept.

Archived