:: Annoyed :: This time last year....

Raider Magnus

Especially Toys Я Us stores. They had Energon Optimus Prime and Energon Megatron (full sized) Two packs for $40 each by February. They had them for a long time too. Heck, last November I could still find the odd one here or there.

I've been waiting for this to happen with the MANY Cybertron Ops and Megs out there. What's the deal? Hurry up out there TЯU!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh....This time, those bots are selling well. Before this pass christmas, one Walmart still had like 15 E-Megatrons still collecting dust at $20.

*Had to pay €30 for E. Megatron*

and that was the  sale price!

The TRUs I saw the 2pack at had it at $44.97 not $40.

A/E/C are each 18 month toylines, this time last year is not analogous in terms of the toyline time frame. This time last year was over a year into Energon when a few new figures were trickling out and most stuff was getting clearanced. Right now is only about the half way point of Cybertron.

There may be a fair amount of the guys on shelves, but there's is not the huge overstock problem Energon had. Galvatron is shipping now so Megatron will probably get "rare" in a while.

I just saw an Energon Galvatron at a K-B recently..... yeah

and stop being such a cheap bastard :tflaugh

But I don't WANNA pay $80 for both of them. I don't like them THAT much.

I'd drop $40 (or $45) for the pair though.

*sigh*

Part of me wants Prime, cause, well, he's prime and for a long time the fanboys were all salivating about how this Prime is the best thing ever. Part of me Wants to just grab Galvatron. (Why get Megs, if I can't get him discounted...)

The two packs from last year were becaue the energon prime and megs were selling poorly and they just wanted to get rid of them! The cybertron line already is selling better then energon or even armada did. They toys dont like look tonka trucks with wacky colors....and also I agree with that this time last year is not equivalent to where the toy line is at in its life. Cybertron is still relativly new compared to where energon was this time last year...it was Fianlly almost over! THank God!

I also hate that the galvatron toy looks more like megatron....I really want it but I am saving that extra $40 for metroplex.

Bah, I bought all of the leaders for Energon

Optimus, Optimus Deluxe, Megatron, Megatron Deluxe, and Galvatron

I also got Omega Supreme and Omega Sentinel as well as Wing Saber because they connect to Prime

and Cybertron only needs 2 packs for the Smaller figures, because the larger figures are way way way better....and aside from Mudflap there are no large shelf warmers to warrent the bonus packs.

I've been waiting for this to happen with the MANY Cybertron Ops and Megs out there. What's the deal? Hurry up out there TЯU!!!!

It's way to soon in the line for that to happen.

Plus  Cybertron Prime is probably a lot more popular than E.Prime.

Cybertron Megatron however......  may do some serious clearance price time.

Archived